Small Issues

[E/c] - Eye color.

____________________________________________

Yet again I was there.

The place where it all happened.

Yet again, I saw him doing it.

He rammed my dad's car and made it fall down the road, as everything started spinning in the air.

And then, the end.

I woke up just to see my father's desperate attempts to stop that man from doing harm, even then trying to speak with that.. monster.

It seemed that time stood still then. How many times did he stab my dad with a knife? Six? Seven? I did not count. I couldn't count. I was too young and didn’t understand what death was. I didn't understand until he showed it to me.

When he threw my father's corpse aside, he walked up to my mother and... I didn't want to look. I covered my eyes with my palms and sobbed. Those tears then... They were like boiling water. A reminder of my helplessness, of how pathetic I was.

I was only able to tear my hands away from my face when I realized that the man was now standing over me. I slowly turned my gaze to him. Surprisingly, I didn’t notice anything.. No regret, no pity, no happiness, nothing.. They seemed so empty, rid of any emotions. He knew what he took from me. He understood what he had done.

My whole body trembled as I was filled with desire of vengeance, desire to stand up and grab that motherfucker's throat and then rip his head off.. But I couldn't.

I was weak.

I was unable to help my own parents.

Then he sat down next to me, looking straight into my eyes while I cried. I could barely make out his smile. A small smile of understanding..

"Your father was such a troublemaker, wasn't he?" He smirked, looking over at the body.

"And that's what happens to troublemakers." He muttered, raising his hand and pointing his dagger at my dad.

"You don't want to be a troublemaker and end up like your father, don't you?"

"I want to kill you."

"I don't.." I spat it out instead of the only thought in my mind, feeling powerless and so alone.

He nodded and stood up, the smile leaving his face. He again became a monster without emotions, without feelings.. Walking back to the car, he took out my father’s phone. After he finished calling up for the Police and Ambulance, he threw the phone out into the river right next to the road. Then he came back to me.

"Come here, kid." With that said, he picked me up into his arms and carried me over to the car, sitting me on an intact seat. He didn't say anything else. He left, knowing that he would probably never see me again, and that I would hate him all my life.

No one will ever know what it's like to have a piece of your heart ripped out from you. When a part of your soul dies and you are left alone. Even those who console you, saying that they understand what it’s like, and they will always be there... They will never understand. The feeling of losing everything is alien to them. They don't know what it's like when happiness dies.

But he also gave me something.

Something I won't ever forget.

An opinion.

Humans are not better than the monsters they fear. They're worse. And even if they deserve a second chance, I wouldn't give it to them.

I stood up and yelled on top of my lungs, before falling down..