IX

♪♫ Tenu takda ravaan

Baton pe teri hasda ravaan

Pagal main khud nu banaunda ravaan

Tu hasdi rave, main hasaanda ravaan

Tainu takda ravaan...♪♫

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He was in his room getting ready when he heard his bedroom door being opened after two knocks but he didn't hear anyone's step so he turned to look.

He saw Ahana—ready in a white crop top under a black and white checker shirt, washed blue jeans that were ripped near the knee, and a pair of white sneakers—leaning on the doorframe with her hands folded before her chest.

"You take a lot of time to get ready." She stated, walking inside his room and taking a seat on the edge of his bed.

"I'm getting ready for you, so it would make me feel better if you won't complain."

"Shouldn't that be my line?"

"We both know that you won't say it ever." He stated as they locked eyes through the mirror.

"Get ready fast!"

She pulled out her phone from her jeans pocket and started scrolling through it.

He asked her out a few days ago and today is their date. He has planned it according to Ahana's liking but he still felt nervous about it.

When he was ready, she stood and started to make her way toward the door but he stopped her midway.

He stepped a little too close to her but they were still not touching.

"I have something for you." He said looking into her eyes.

"Kabir, I told you to not get anything for me."

"No, you told me to not get chocolates or flowers." He took out a small square box from his pocket and put it in her hands saying, "It's neither!"

Ahana looked at the box, then at him, and then sighed in defeat when he gestured for her to open it. She opened the box and stared at it in almost awe. "Is it a-"

"-Pheonix. Yes!" he completed with a smile.

The box had a gold phoenix necklace—its chain was attached to each wing. It looked like it has just resurrected.

She looked up at him. "Why a phoenix?"

"You told me that you don't like giving or taking flowers because they die, so, I got you a phoenix because even if it dies, it rises again from the ashes."

A soft smile made its way to her face. "That's very thoughtful of you."

"There is one more reason that I got it though."