V

♪♫ Ek din kabhi jo khud ko taraashe,

Meri nazar se tu zara, haaye re

Aankhon se teri kya kya chupa hai,

Tujhko dikhaun main zara, haaye re

Ik ankahi si daastan daastan,

Kehne lagega aaina

Subhanallah...♪♫

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ahana, will you please-" Kabir opened the door only to stop in his track.

Two weeks ago, Ahana approached him at night when he was making a quick sweet dish to satisfy her sweet cravings. She asked him to accompany her to the charity gala and he couldn't say no by looking at the hopeful look on her face.

"This is the first time, that I'm seeing you in a saree." He breathed out.

She was standing near the vanity, in a saree with her hair pulled back in a sleek ponytail with a middle partition, wearing her long earrings. She turned and walked toward him but stopped at a short distance from him.

"That's the compliment you're going to give me? That I've never worn a saree before?" she didn't have any emotion but her eyes were dancing with amusement.

"You look stunning, Ahana."

"Thanks." She diverted her attention to his hand which held a tie. "Aren't you going to wear it?"

He looked at the tie and remembered the reason he came to her in the first place.

"Yes, I want to wear it but I don't know how to tie a tie. So..." he trailed off and put his hand forward for Ahana to take the tie.

She didn't take it. "What if I tell you that I don't know how to do it either?"

"Then, I'll call bullshit. I know you know how to do it because you have tied my tie before."

"When did that happen?"

"Almost ten years ago. I had an interview and was supposed to drop you at college. I was delaying you because I couldn't tie the tie so you helped."

"You have an annoyingly good memory, Chef Jaisingh."

"Glad you noticed, now will you do the honours or not?" he placed the tie in her hand.

"Sure." She muttered looking at him. She walked toward the bed after telling him to follow her and made him sit on its edge.

She stepped a little closer to him—still maintaining as much distance as she could—and looped the tie around his neck.

"I'm not untouchable, you know." He said when he noticed that she is maintaining a short distance between them. When she looked at him but still didn't react, he placed his hands on her waist to pull her between his legs. He flicked her long earring with his finger when he thought she was close enough, then dropped his hand and leaned back a little on them.