There wasn't a point in getting emotional in front of Aidan --

He didn't care if I cried –

The monster didn't care if I was upset, distraught, or miserable --

He was void of any empathy towards other people.

"You..." I trailed, unsure of where I would go with my speech.

I wasn't aware if I was even making any sense to him --

Blinking my eyes, I took another breath to steady myself. I didn't want to imagine the bloody scene that still haunted the depths of my mind every time I had closed my eyes. I knew that I hadn't thought about it in a long while – and that ignorance brought me a fraction of solace that I once thought I didn't deserve.

"You didn't..." I forced myself to say. I knew I had to keep going if I wanted the answers. "At the other school."

He pulled me closer to his chest, my back not having any freedom. I tensed at the movement, not liking that I was being held against him without any way out. The tips of my fingers curled inwards at the urge to punch him against the side of his face as hard as I could.

"Schools," he corrected lazily. I could feel him perform a shrug behind me. "I didn't kill the rest of them because there wasn't a need to."

I was silent for a moment, furrowing my eyebrows.

Glaring at the window, I heard him lightly shuffle behind me. He readjusted his legs, now sliding one of them through the space of mine. He anchored it around one of my legs and brought it closer to his body. I realized that I could no longer move it without him feeling the motion.

It made me more uncomfortable, having my personal space being invaded – but I knew that he didn't care.

So long as he got what he wanted in the end.

"You made sure I saw them all die..." I stated out loud. I was impressed at how strong my voice had become when I was teetering between being scared and angry at the same time. "You wanted me to see..." I took in a breath. "You wanted me to see everyone-!" I tried to turn around to look at him, but he tightened his hold on my stomach with his forearms.

I struggled a bit before finding out that it was useless – I was only using up energy that I should have saved for a later battle. "Chris and Jack were my best friends-!"

"You don't know a Chris or Jack, Vienna..." Aidan whispered into my ear, cutting me off.

I shuddered at the feeling of his hot breath tickling the inside of my ear. It was unwelcoming and he was much too close to me. The radiating heat form his breath was enough to shut me up for the time being. I didn't want him to say anything more to me at the expense of my unstable nerves.

"You only know who I tell you to know," He continued, removing his lips from my ear and instead he rested his chin on my shoulder. I glared even harder at the window that should have shattered from the intensity of my gaze. "You keep confusing life with a distant dream."

I felt anger

Unbridled, indescribable rage at him once again trying to control me-!

My next response had no filter: "Fuck you, Aidan..."

He suddenly pulled me underneath him effortlessly.

It was too quick that I hadn't had the chance to react to it. He got on top and looked into my panicked face. I raised my hands up, ready to push him away from me. My hair was nearly in front of my face from the unwanted movement. Our chests were touching, and he slammed his hands on both sides of my head, narrowly missing hitting me.