He's Got Issues Part 2

"Are you going to make me go under there and get you?"

I stayed where I was but began to tremble.

I felt like a rabbit that was staring up at the wolf -- unable to move or even speak. I wish I would have been able to run away from him. My arms and legs wouldn't respond to me...they wouldn't even twitch.

The table was thrown suddenly, and my temporary shelter from Aidan was gone. 

I let out a small yelp and then looked to see Aidan standing directly in front of me. I wasn't aware of just how tall Aidan towered over me until I was sitting on the ground...staring up at him with frozen fear.

The table finally hit the ground after a couple of seconds. I heard a vase, that must have been on top of the table, shatter a few feet behind us.

The vase shattering caused me to flinch as it broke the silence.

"Vienna," he leaned down to grab my upper arm to haul me to my feet. I tried to rest all of my body weight behind me, but he was too strong.

"No...I...!" I began to yell. I didn't know what I was attempting to say to him. "S-Stop, I don't...!" I dug my heels into the ground, but I was barefoot and it didn't help that my feet and zero traction on the floors. 

It didn't matter if I resisted against him – he was going to do what he wanted.

He quickly pulled me up. It looked effortless for him to lift my entire body weight. I let out a small panicked breath as I stumbled forward after he stopped pulling. His hand still rested on my upper arm for a few seconds, making me very aware that I was still within his grasp.

I kept my head down, allowing my hair to lightly fall into my face. I was subtly looking for where the gun was...

Aidan must still have it somewhere.

The small silver metal was poking up from Aidan's back. The lights from the hallway reflected the metal with a glint. My eyes darted over towards the distracting light. 

It was in-between his shirt and pants. 

Although, I knew that I wouldn't be able to reach for it before he could.

My eyes shifted to the front and then down at the ground with worry. I couldn't help it when my teeth bit into my bottom lip from the stress that was steadily building.

I only had this game as my chance to get away from here – assuming that they all kept their word. This was all still incredibly suspicious...they were dangling freedom in front of me and they didn't think I would snatch it whenever I could. 

"Ben," Aidan's voice cut through the silence. "Walk with us."

"A-Are you sure...sir?" Ben asked quietly from the other side of Aidan. I noticed that the man had a shaved head, taking this chance to really look at him. 

Aidan's hand left my upper arm. I was aware that I had a bit more room to walk, but didn't make any sudden movements. I didn't want him to grab me again. 

"I-I apologize for i-interrupting...you two."

I kept quiet and faced forward. When Aidan's fingers tried to interlock with mine I quickly took two steps to the side while placing my hand up to my chest, clenching it tightly, as though it had been offended by the action.

I could feel my heartbeat – once again it was thumping wildly in my chest.

He wouldn't hold my hand again – I wouldn't be in that entrapping position.