14: Soldiers Will

Izuku was up and running at four thirty in the morning in a more literal sense than figurative when he felt his stomach fluids start to travel upwards. He was awake in a snap of a finger and made it to the bathroom in a blink of an eye, crouching over the toilet as he removed his hand from in front of his mouth.

Some bile had already slipped through his fingers, but he made it in time before it could dribble to the floor as the rest emptied itself into the toilet bowl. Splashing water and liquid-filled gags echoed through the dark room, bearly muffled through his ears as they folded behind his head as he worked his stomach to empty itself of whatever it was that was making him puke.

Was it another food he wasn't supposed to eat? Or maybe it was the drink Katsuki had given him after picking up the kids from school. Whatever it was, there was always a reason related to whatever he had stomach aches when he was with his mother and was always told to let his system do his thing. Even push it to get rid of everything that wasn't supposed to be there, even if it meant going hungry for the day.

Every gag tasted like tepid bubbled water as it frothed in his mouth along with the plain rice Katsuki had made him last night because of his stomach acting up again. Every convulsing muscle that lead to another hurl of liquids and rice, made his eyes shut tightly as tears gathered at the corners, the fear of not being able to breathe set in stone despite having gone through this hundreds, if not thousands, of times already.

He heard the rapid thumps of footsteps coming down the stairs, and the slides of slippers approaching the bathroom before the bathroom light turned on and revealing everything in the toilet bowl. The sight made Izuku heave another cough before it was drowned by liquid gurgles. Rice, water, and whatever else joined the rest down the shitter.

Izuku was gasping by the end of it, turning his head while his hands gripped the ceramic as he tried to catch his breath, and saw Katsuki by the sink, water running. His eyes were droopy, clearly from being woken up, but he had a stern face as he turned the water off and made his way towards Izuku, who was too tired to do anything else but watch.

"Hey..." Katsuki whispered, voice groggy as it filtered through morning mucus at the back of his own throat. It still sounded nice, making Izukus eyes close in a pinch as his stomach refused to settle. He could only groan with his own scratchy voice, refusing to talk as if it were a trigger to another waterfall of digested rice. It usually was.

Something warm and wet was pressed against his mouth as a hand went to his arms, making him blink his eyes open again to see Katsuki wiping his mouth through bleary, wet, lashes. Izukus hand went to grab the rag to do the job himself, movements a little shaky from the sudden release of his arm muscles on the ceramic, and his hand fell heavily on top of Katsukis where he held the rag in his mouth.

Katsukis hand stayed, and helped Izuku clean his face, clawed fingers almost intertwining with the blonds of it weren't for the cloth. But, even after finishing, the hand didn't stray far so Izuku could continue to hold it.

"...feel a little better?" Katsukis voice was a whisper now, but Izuku heard it nonetheless as he nodded his head with a hum so his message could go through. His eyes remained on Katsukis as those lips pursed in thought. Regrettably, Katsuki squeezed Izuku's hand in indication for release, before he was standing up again.

"I'll be right back." Katsukis pajama pants came into view now that he stood, Izuku's eyes too tired to look up at his face, before he watched him leave the bathroom. Izuku could only listen to the sliding slippers dragon across the house, picking up speed the further they went, before there was some cabinets closing and a machine thrumming low.

But, not wanting to risk puking again, or for Katsuki to see anymore of his insides then he probably has already, Izuku reached a hand up and searched for the lever to flush the toilet and pushed. When water sloshed grossly close to his ears, he leaned away from the bowl and decided to back himself against the wall, hand on his stomach.