•07•

Izzy's POV

I could see it in his eyes. Lord Death had a thing for my friend.

Why else would he do this? He wouldn't just move someone from Asphodel to the castle, a place where even his workers don't get to live. He wouldn't not kill someone and take them to Hell while they're still alive. He wouldn't just spare the life of someone who was supposed to die.

At least, not for just anyone.

I've seen the way he looks at her, it's a look of affection. He's attracted to her, looking at her like if she moves out of his line of sight, he'll shackle her to him and never let her out of his sight again.

Wait, what if he actually does that? It wouldn't be the craziest thing he's done.

There's a hunger in his eyes, subtle, but still there. He looks at my best friend as if she's his. As if she belongs to him, even though she doesn't know it yet.

Then it hits me. She's already his. Lord Death gets anything he wants. My best friend is no exception.

Why? Why did it have to be her? Sweet, innocent, brave Eva, hand picked by the Lord of Death.

He chose her. For what exactly, I didn't know. I suspected for a type of companionship, but maybe he would use my friend for less innocent things.

What I did know, however, was that I was scared for my friend. If Lord Death wants her, he'll get her. No matter what it takes.

****

"Evalyn, may you please go to your room? I need to talk to Isabell about her new employment here." Lord Death asked in the kindest tone anyone here has ever heard him speak in.

"Where is it...?" my friend asked, eyeing him suspiciously.

"I'll have a servant show you." Lord Death smiled, kindly.

My friend looked at me, and I gave her a slight nod, signaling it was okay for her to go.

She glanced at me once more, before walking out of the room, quietly, her soft footsteps echoing in the now nearly empty room.

Apart for me and Lord Death, it was an empty room. No matter what he did, or said would matter. He could bring me back to Asphodel, and no one would know. He could torture me, and no one would know.

"You will be my eyes and ears. You tell me everything that Evalyn talks, does, says, thinks. You tell me." Lord Death commands, looking me directly in my eyes.

"And why would I do that? Why would I betray my friend?" I questioned, looking at him as if he were insane. Granted, he probably is.

"Well, I'll have to send you back to Asphodel." Lord Death replied, simply. It didn't sound as much like a threat as a statement.

"What would you tell Eva? That you kicked her best friend out to an eternity of misery for not betraying her?" I countered, now knowing my friend was a weakness for him.

"No. I'd tell her I caught you stealing from me. I had to inflict punishment on you, but I couldn't send you to Tartarus, because it would hurt her too much. I'd say I sent you back to Asphodel, so I didn't have to send you to Tartarus." Lord Death replied, leaving me speechless.

"Everything? I have to tell you everything?" I ask, my voice wavering.

"Yes. and if you leave out a single detail, I'll know. And it'll be a one-way ticket back to Asphodel, for you."

****

Sorry for the slow update! I finally got my stuff fixed, and I'll try to double update today!

Sorry!