•09•

I demanded to get taken back to Hell, immediately. Death sighed, but granted my request.

Once I got there, I started pacing, trembling horribly.

"Evalyn-" Death started, but I cut him off.

"No." I spoke, clearly.

"I-" Death tried again.

"No. Stop. Don't. Shut up. Stop talking." my voice came out hard, and angry.

"Evalyn-" Death made a third attempt.

"I said, no! I didn't want to do that! Why did you make me do that?!" I yelled, traumatized from my prior experience.

"Because the queen of Death needs to know how to do her future job." Death stated.

At this statement, I froze. I wasn't even shaking. I was paralyzed. It was as if I was made of stone, the pure shock and horror apparent on my face. My mouth slightly agape, eyes fixed on the floor. I couldn't move at all. I couldn't twitch a finger, or tap a toe. Nothing. I was completely still.

"Not what you were expecting?" Death raised a brow.

I was barely able to shake my head. It looked more like a twitch than a head shake.

"What did you expect then? Why else would I let a soul that belongs in Asphodel live here in the palace? Why else do you get to live in the palace? Why else would I allow you to trade places with your father? Why else would I give you that necklace? Why else would I treat you like a queen? Because you will be a queen. My queen." Death growled, shaking me to the bone.

"But what if I don't want to be a queen?" I answered, after what seemed like hours of silence.

"Well, you may have anything you wish. Except for leaving me. You will be my queen, no matter what you say, or do." Death told me.

"And if I don't? If I refuse to be your queen?" I questioned.

I knew I would never want to be anything like that, ever. I didn't want power, I didn't want wealth, I didn't want any of it. I would never be a queen. Never.

"Well, then I suppose you'll have to see your family sooner than expected." Death looked at me.

"I would go back to the world of the living...?" I trailed off, knowing he would never let me do that. I knew what was going to happen, regardless.

"Don't play dumb, my love. You're smarter than that. You know what would have to happen. But don't worry about that, because it won't happen." Death stood behind me.

"So you're threatening my family? Wow, great way to make me love you." I rolled my eyes, trying to seem brave. I was actually terrified that my family would get hurt.

"Well, I do have eternity to make you love me. But it won't take that long. Oh, no. You'll be head over heels in love with me within days, weeks at most. That's a promise." Death told me.

"I won't love someone who threatens those I love." I stated.

"I won't hurt them, my love. I would never do anything to hurt you." Death told me, as if his previous statement about him killing my family didn't apply.

"I'm not your love!" I yelled, "I don't love you!"

"You will." Death stated, "You're going to love me so much it hurts. I promise."

"Stop! I'm not going to love you!" I screamed in his face.

He pinned me to the wall, hands on either side of my head. He growled deeply, eyes not leaving mine for a second, "Darling, you might want to stop saying things like that. It hurts my feelings. Do you want me to show you just how angry it makes me?"

I whimpered, shaking my head. He was staring to scare me, wishing I could just go to Asphodel like I was supposed to when I died.

He slammed his palms into the wall and pushed off me, seeing how afraid I was.

Without another word, I ran out of the room, trembling.

****

I know it's been a while since I updated, I'm so busy and trying to write 2 stories at the same time. So, sorry and let me know if I can improve or anything else.

I'm thinking of having a Q/A on my profile, so if you have any questions about literally anything (writing, personal life, etc) feel free to ask! There are some questions I won't be able to answer, but I'll do the best I can!

Thank you all so much!

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jan 08, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

A Deal with Deathजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें