Chapter 5

You two were a couple

I stared at Scarlett for the longest time with her words repeating over and over in my head, joining the others as they make chaos in my fucking brain right now. My mind is playing tricks on me and I'm starting to hear things because there's no way what I just heard Scarlett said is true. She must be messing with me trying to lighten up the mood or something because the tension has grown almost to its full capacity. So maybe that was it.

So I started laughing and she looked at me like I was going mad or something but I refuse to believe that. Now I'm trying to question myself, Am I hallucinating again or something, because all that had happened today is suspiciously unreal.

"Yea, right. I couldn't even walk to a girl and ask her out without having someone shove me to her and now you're telling me I was in a relationship with the Elizabeth fucking Olsen. Are you shitting me right now? I know I'm not suppose to say that to you on our first encounter but really, are you shitting me right now?"

"No, why would I say something like that to start with? I'm really being fucking serious right now." I sat back on my seat shaking my head.

"Prove it." I say and she groans in annoyance rolling her eyes on me.

"Didn't you try googling yourself for the last two years?"

"No. Unfortunately, I don't do that and I haven't thought of it until you brought it up. On second thought, maybe I should do that since nobody wants to tell me things then maybe I'll just figure out myself." I say in a low tone. I am upset really and the growing pain in my head is not helping at all. I feel fucking betrayed by my parents, Casey. I'm very much sure they know something about this and I need to know why didn't they just tell me. I'm really trying to understand that maybe they have a good reason on why they always say it doesn't matter. But with everything that I just heard and saw earlier, it really didn't look like it didn't matter. It is possibly the highlight of my fucking life all just washed away just like that. Fuck, I'm so upset I could literally strangle my pillow tonight.

"Shan?" I slowly look up to Scarlett seeing her face softens and I just stared at her as I feel tears coming in. No Shannon you can't fucking cry like a baby in front of her not to mention in a fucking restaurant so I look away and turn my attention to the hem of my pullover.

"Do you want to go somewhere else?" I hear her asks and for some reason, I just wanted to go home and bury myself in my bed hoping I would wake up to reality.

"Isn't there someone waiting for you to be home?" I ask not taking a glance at her. I don't want to see those eyes which are full of pity.

"There is actually, but I've already called Colin that I'm spending dinner with you and that I might be going home late. Its alright he understands." I gave her a nod and went silent again. Its like my mood had switched in a blink of an eye. My mind is elsewhere, not here with Scarlett that's for sure. I might've zoned out for a while because by the time I looked up Scarlett is already gathering her things and a waiter just left our table.

"Where are you going?"

"We're going somewhere else." She says and I subconsciously nod at her gathering my things as well and standing up to pull her chair for her and that's when I remember.Wait, did I hand her money for what we ate? Oh fuck.

"Scarlett, please tell me you haven't paid the bill yet." She laughs at me and gives me a nudge on the side before rolling her eyes at me. I stood there confuse waiting for her to answer my question but she didn't give me anything instead she grabs me by the arm and pulls me to walk with her to the entrance. I guess my credit card has been saved for tonight.