35 : in the between

35

Loss.

There are no fancy words to describe it. It is something that one must feel within the deepest part of their hearts and souls to understand as it howls with anguish for an untold amount of time. The body, heart, mind, and soul would beg for release—for its end. Only the tears that would be shed,like a hollow would swallow the person

________________________

Daphne laid the bleeding body of her husband on the soft white bed of the infirmary. The sheets were tainted almost instantaneously as the pure, snowy color became a sickly shade of crimson. Pomfrey morphed into and shoved Daphne aside. Normally, the old woman was gentle and kind, however, when duty called, she was as serious as they came. The nurse started tending to the arm first before jumping to the abdominal wound. It was the most serious of his injuries. The skewered leg would be a problem, but it wouldn't threaten his life.

"Harry, you will be alright! Stay with me! Love!" But did he hear her?

At the back of Harry's mind he felt the frantic worry coming from his wife. She tried to hold off herself from him, not to disturb him if he was still fighting, but he knew it was hard for her. She wanted to reach out to him and feel if he was safe.

Daphne tried to calm her breathing but it was harder than she thought. When she saw how battered Harry looked… She squeezed her eyes shut.

'You Did This To Him!'

She shook her head. It was the worst condition she has seen him in so far. She could have lost him. It's too much for her to bear… She squeezed her eyes trying to stop the hyperventilation.

She refused to cry, she won't cry! Harry hates when she cries. She won't disappoint him. Madam Pomfrey was shocked by the boy's state and for a moment she froze but the nurse, despite her frown, tended to Harry's hand and kept casting spells, endlessly. And the charmed needle was stitching the injuries.
Daphne cleaned all the other injuries and gave him some pain relief potions meanwhile.

The blonde cursed Nagini's poison that was running through her veins because it prevented her from healing her husband.

'You should have shown them that you are worthy of their fear. Exercise your superiority like a queen you are. Prove that you are strong enough to be feared,'

The scent of blood was strong and it made her vision blurry with traumatic memories.

She could feel his heartbeat slowing down, and Lilith said he was going to die, just like her brother.

"You'll be fine, right?" Daphne pulled her hand away from Harry's chest and was horrified to see the amount of blood on it. There was so much that it was literally dripping from her hand. "we have to hurry and treat your wounds."

'Death is approaching,'

She stepped back, her mind completely blank, she lost Harry, he was dying and she couldn't do anything. 'N-No this was not supposed to happen,' Daphne's hands shakened and her legs failed her as she crouched by his side in heartbreak.

This was all her fault, she caused this, she was the one who pushed Sirius to the lights, and she was the one who encouraged Harry. She was nothing but a bad omen.

'He needs to live!' A voice in the back of her head kept saying inside.

Dobby showed up in front of her and she felt kind of relieved. He was holding vials of potions in his hands. "Mistress you said if something bad happens, I will bring it to you!"