Prologue: Something is rising

Magsimula sa umpisa

Humanity had only ever succeeded in driving him off. It was the best they could do. Nothing seemed capable of killing him. Not even the superheroes that had risen. The Avengers, the Justice League, the X-Men, the Fantastic Four and Justice Society with the Power Rangers. Even the young heroes couldn't match him.

Hell, the God of Thunder, Thor and the Amazon heroine Wonder Woman had said that it was rumored among the Asgardians and Amazons that Godzilla, or another like him had killed the Olympian gods in the ancient past. The anti-hero, Ghost Rider had once said that he and his other Riders went to  Hell because Godzilla himself was killing every demon and devil there. Whether this was true or not is not confirmed nor denied. 

Nor even the other giant monsters that had risen after him could stop him. From time to time, these Kaiju focused Godzilla's rage away from humanity. Sometimes it even felt like he was protecting the Earth from them or establishing his dominance over the other Kaiju. The battles between Kaiju had repeatedly destroyed many great cities around the world, killing countless lives. 

Earth now considered it to be a normal Tuesday to be rebuilding its cities from the ground up at this point

After so many decades of battles, speculation on his origins and objective, (if he had any) whether he was protecting the Earth or not, the governments of the world came to one conclusion. They have had enough. Godzilla was simply far too dangerous to remain here. Too much of a menace for all the times he 'saved' the Earth to pardon him any longer. He had escaped Monster Island too often. Other methods of containment had failed. They didn't want the King of Monsters captured anymore. They wanted him gone.

So began Operation: Dethrone the King. The final plan of a world that decided that they were done tolerating this "overgrown lizard." They needed to kill him. End this reign of terror he had gripped the planet for so long.

They would lure Godzilla to position and then fire Dimension Tide. If the weapon worked, it would create a singularity that would tear Godzilla from the very fabric of reality. Nothing could survive that.

There were some protests. A handful were from the superheroes themselves. That may not make sense but to Gordon it did. At one point or another, Godzilla had fought alongside the heroes against the Kaiju. Or against threats from the stars. Loki, Brainiac, Thanos, Darkseid, Kang the Conqueror, Galactus and Rita Repulsa had come to Earth time and time again and were almost always driven off by the combined alliance of heroes and the King of Monsters. It was even theorized that Godzilla even bested Trigon and Mephisto, two powerful demon lords of Hell, when he had entered Hell and exited. 

Gordon could understand their reluctance to get rid of a creature that had allied with them in the past.

The other protests were the King's legion of fans. Some crazy religion that had grown among the population that believed that Godzilla and the other Kaiju were gods of old, or divine creatures of Mother Gaia. Gordon didn't give a damn. To these people, Godzilla was a force of nature. Any attempt to kill him would only make him more angry. Some even said that the use of Dimension Tide would end with the destruction of everyone nearby and culminate with the end of humanity.

The last protest was more practical and less dramatic. No one really knew what the Black Hole Gun would really do. There's a difference between what you say a gun does and what it really does to a person. It could kill Godzilla or unleash something worse. That was the small fear that Gordon had.

But there was no arguing now at this point. The decision had been made. His orders were given.

It was time to end the King's reign.

Warning alarms sounded across the fleet of ships, including the Gotengo. After entering the bridge, Gordon looked back towards the terminals around him. On the screen, he saw it. A large blip was approaching from the sky. Instantly, Gordon knew what that was and what it meant.