Chapter 15: Godzilla vs the Empire Round 3 Part 2

After the barrage of Hail Fire droids hit, Jake decided they weren't about to let the Imperials get off that easy, and neither was his wife. In a diving strafe run, they and Silverbolt raced down from the clouds and opened up on the perimeter defenses while they were still reeling. They could only hit a small section, but at least it would be a few less Imps to deal with later. Jake and Neytiri's ARC's lasers ravaged the still reeling section of the perimeter. They and Silverbolt led their shots towards a couple of still intact turrets and laid into them. When they exploded, the Pandora Raider lead ARC and Aerialbot peeled off from their attack runs.

That was when Silverbolt spotted an AT-MP taking aim at him as he turned. "Woah!" he exclaimed as he rolled to the side in the air as a missile rocketed out, just barely missing him. He then re-acquired the Walker and let loose torrent of laser bolts, ripping into one of the missile pods. The shots ignited of the missiles in their tubes and caused an explosion that ripped straight through the war machine's head. As it toppled to the ground, Silverbolt pulled up back into the sky with the Pandora Raider lead ARC-170.

As they flew up, Jake and Neytiri took in the sight of a slightly more eye-catching display. The male Kaiju, Gojira had just used his tail to knock the legs out from one AT-AT. As it was toppling, the Kaiju was already biting into the neck of another Walker and wrenching the cockpit head away from the giant war machine. The beastly titan lizard then tossed the decapitated head a few hundred yards through the air only to crash into another AT-AT that was attacking one of the Kaiju Girls, Biollante if Jake remembered. The head embedded itself into the top of the Walker's back, whereas the force of the collision unbalanced the machine and caused it to fall onto its side.

"Such raw primal power," declared the voice of the Sullys' Yautja companion through the radio. "Relentless in the pursuit of his prey, undaunted by the odds against him, utterly fearless." Wolf said. "He is an Apex Predator unlike any other."

Jake looked to his wife with a raised eyebrow while Silverbolt spoke. "I really hope that praise isn't a precursor or something to a sudden desire to hunt that Kaiju down for sport," the Aerialbot cautioned a little crassly. 

"Cause if it is, you're on your own. There is no blaster big enough for that guy in existence." Jake added in his two cents.

"I'm just admiring another master hunter, Brother Jake," Wolf reassured with a rumbling chuckle. "There's no rule against that. Besides, I have more fun watching others fail to kill him so far. I'd rather not join in their error."

"That's a load off my mind," Jake remarked to Neytiri in Na'vi, prompting a "I heard that," from the Elite Yautja. He really didn't want to drag the Yautja away from a fight they had no stake in, especially when it would only help the Empire as far as Jake was concerned. He had to admit though, Wolf was right about the male Kaiju. It was a spectacle to watch this Gojira wreak havoc compared to the Kaiju Girls. He supposed that was relative though, considering the Stormtroopers and Decepticons most certainly did NOT feel the same way right now.

Meanwhile Norra rolled her fighter left and right, her craft cresting just a few feet above the ground at this point. The field was littered with the remains of a number of AT-ATs, their wreckages still burning from their brief battles mere moments ago. She darted through the broken war machines, turning and rolling past them. The TIEs on her tail kept pace with her regardless, blasting away at her as she fled from them. One or two clipped a wing on a sharp turn, smashing into the backside of a smoldering bulk of a dead AT-AT, but it wasn't enough to take them all out. Norra knew she couldn't keep away from them forever, so she decided a risky move.