Chapter 9: A couple of Bats helps the Rebels' Prison Break

Argus, Anima

"Leave your weapons behind." Adam ordered in a tone that meant to leave no room for arguments.

"Why not?" Hera asked with a raised eyebrow. "Just do it. We are not here for a fight." Adam replied.

"Trust me, when Adam Taurus says that it's mega serious." Jack replied. Neither he nor his friends knew who the Bull Faunus was taking them to, but they knew not to question him.

"Rafael, perhaps you and Bumblebee can scout the city," Optimus said to the youngest of the group. "Look at the security and the Imperial defenses."

"Sure thing," Raf nodded while Bumblebee let out a couple of robotic bleeps and bloops before he transformed into a Camaro and drove off with the brown-haired boy.

"Remind me why we're five miles outside of an Imperial city again?" Zeb asked as they walked out of the Ghost's ramp. Chopper let out some robotic garbles, correcting the Lasat that they were twelve miles away from the city of Argus.

"We're going to someone I knew for help to break into the Imperial Facility," Adam replied. "This mission requires stealth and he's the best there is when it comes to stealth."

"Hey, we can be stealthy!" Donnie protested. "Yeah, we're ninjas! Stealth is our game." Mikey added.

"Game, huh?" Adam repeated. "Well, he's still better than all four of you combined."

"So you know he's good, but is he trustworthy?" Kannan asked cautiously.

The Bull Faunus stopped in his tracks briefly. "He's no fan of the Empire." he replied after a moment of silence. "But I suppose our history is a bit rocky."

"That's reassuring," Sabine remarked in a sarcastic tone, especially the history he explained about the Cat Faunus back at the Power Station.

"Let's just take a leap of faith," Adam stated as he walked down a gravel road. Sienna shrugged. "If you say so," she said. She had a suspicion on who Adam was going to meet but didn't plan to say anything.

A man should always come to his father for help after all. Adopted or not.

Adam led them to a large manor. "Wow, he must be well, rich." Casey said in awe. April nodded in agreement though she had a feeling she had seen the manor before. Miko lifted her Scroll up and took a photo.

Adam walked up the steps and knocked on the door. A few moments later, it opened to reveal a young woman with black hair and amber eyes that widened at seeing the Bull Faunus.

"Hello Cinder," Adam greeted softly.

In another timeline, Cinder Fall would have been a loyal follower of the Grimm Queen Salem. In this world however, she was adopted by a man who was an orphan like her.

Cinder stared at Adam before her eyes narrowed. "You got balls to come back after what you did during the Fall of Beacon." she stated in an angry tone. This caused everyone behind the Bull Faunus to be filled with curiosity and Kannan looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"I need help," Adam replied. "Considering you brought an alien with a group of humans and giant human turtles and a," Cinder rose an eyebrow at Zeb. "Purple shaved Monkey man, yeah. You do."

"Hey!" Zeb cried out indignantly. Hera rose an eyebrow at being addressed as alien. Cinder just sighed tiredly. "Come in, come in. But be prepared to be thrown back out."

Adam seemed to relax slightly, and he walked into the manor doors. Hera and Kannan shared one glance before following. Most of the younger Rebels looked around the pictures and statues in the hall they walked in.