Chapter 2: The King meets the Kaiju Girls Part 1: First Impressions

Anima, 65 miles from the Kingdom of Mistral. . .

When Jaune Arc joined the Empire, he had expected adventure through out the Galaxy. Maybe even save the Galaxy once or twice. Meet the Emperor, become a hero of the Empire, meet a nice girl and settle down.

Instead, he was a Scout Trooper, on a boring patrol through the forest of Anima looking for Grimm that might as well be extinct.

Maybe he should have enrolled to Beacon Academy.

It wasn't so bad he supposed. He had his friend, Marrow Amin with him. It was probably best that they haven't found anything close to a Grimm. He had grown up listening to stories from his grandparents how life used to be with the Grimm before the Empire came to Remnant. Back then they were told not to go out at night and here he was, walking in the woods at night.

However there were a few Grimm that have managed to evade the Empire's weapons. Geist, deep sea dwelling Grimm but most importantly, the Chill still evade detection. Now that was a Grimm he did not want to meet.

As he and Marrow continued their search, their patrol lead, Corporal Curwood pulled up to their speeder bikes.

"Find anything?" he asked as he dismounted.

"We just started, sir." Marrow responded. "Relax."

"Sorry, just in the mood to shoot something," Curwood explained with a shrug. "Someone took the last burger at the mess hall today and I'm missing my shows right now. Killing a Grimm would help me feel better, you know?"

"I know that feeling," Jaune replied with a nod and a chuckle.

"You know, I heard the Sergeant say that if we find a dragon, he's going to make a saddle and make it his pet." Marrow said. "I think he's curious about what the Vikings say is true that people can ride them."

"That would be awesome," Jaune said, smiling under his helmet. "What dragon would you get, if you could? I'd like something like a Skrill or a Deadly Nadder."

"Don't get your hopes up, Arc." Curwood said. "Those Targaryens are pretty adamant that dragons are not pets. And I believe them. Ain't no way reptiles that big are going to listen to us scrawny humans forever."

Maybe, but Jaune can dream.

"You hear that some dragons came to the watchtower?" Marrow asked. "A guard was nodding off and got his head eaten, helmet and everything. Messed up."

"Weird that they went that far from the Viking Archipelago," Jaune replied. "I mean, the only reason they would be out this far is if there was Nest with a Queen or an Alpha and most of them disappeared."

"Maybe they're tired of the Viking tribes," Curwood shrugged. "They're persistent, I'll give them that. But at least it's dragons and not the Kaiju Girls."

Jaune could agree with that. When his parents were his age, most of the Kaiju Girls haven't learned how to speak like a human or Faunus and the Great War was still happening. Godzilla caused the most destruction whenever she stumbled on a village or walked through a city out of all of them until she and the other Kaiju Girls got the attention of the Guardian Kaiju.

"Part of me is glad that I'm not too far from home, but working here is boring," Jaune mumbled.

"Hey, this is the easiest duty in the Outer Rim, Arc." Curwood argued. "Try working at Tatooine for a year. Worst assignment ever. Dealing with Hutt crime cartels, uppity farmers, it was hot, the days never seem to end when they should. And then there were the Krayt Dragons."