Chapter 6: Godzilla vs the Empire Round Two Part 1

The Kingdom of Vale

It was easy for Godzilla to enter the city without tripping any alarms. He did pause and stare at an old man that was nearby when he jumped onto the dock. The human Saurian Kaiju stared at the human without blinking and he stared back. He tilted his head. He looked familiar.

The man was an elder human. He had gray hair brushed back with a matching large mustache and dark sunglasses.

Finally, Godzilla blinked. He remembered now. He was Peter Parker's bus driver. . .  no wait, wasn't he a security guard at the Smithsonian? A bartender? A WW II general? Why is it that Godzilla was feeling like he seen him once in Sakaar or Xandar?

"Well, good luck to what you plan on doing," he suddenly said to Godzilla before walking away.

He blinked slowly before Godzilla nodded once. "Thank you." he said politely while wondering on who the Hell that old man was.

"Excelsior!" the man suddenly called out when he was half a block away. The Kaiju blinked. Okay, seriously, who the fuck is that?

2 hours later. . .

Godzilla stood with his arms crossed as he looked down at the gravestone surrounding by flowers, newspapers of Spiderman and merchandise. The gravestone read Peter Parker. Friend, Nephew, Husband. 

Godzilla sighed deeply as he knelt down before the grave and placed his right hand on top. He bowed his head and whispered, "Yasumu kantan, wakai Kumo." A small tear fell down his face as he rose up. "I know you would have spoken against the plan to kill me. I'm sure you did your best." 

He stared at the gravestone solemnly before turning away and walking. And came face to face with this world's variant of Mary Jane Parker and May Parker. Beside them was a variant of Miles Morales. Ah, so that's Spiderman #2, he thought, recalling what was said in the book.

He stared at them and they stared back. ". . . So, were you a friend?" MJ asked after a moment.

"My son was closer," Godzilla replied. "They were like brothers, really." And I think my daughter was attracted to him at one point. He thought to himself.

This made May and Miles tense. "Osborn?" May whispered. Godzilla blinked at that before scoffing. "Trust me, I'm nothing like Osborn." he declared firmly.

"You say that, but my sense is telling me you're dangerous," Miles said with narrowed eyes.

Godzilla chuckled darkly. "Trust me, I'm more dangerous than Norman Osborn can ever dream." he said before turning to look back at the grave. "So, who was it? Octavius? Kraven? Connors? Electro? Rhino or Venom?"

"Nah, Venom was actually sad that he was dead," Miles replied before glancing at MJ. The red headed woman stepped forward and gestured for Miles to step back.

"It Captain Carter," she said. "Spider--Peter was one of the few Superheroes that stood against the Empire after they ended the Great War and conquered Remnant. The Captain was a soldier to the bone, and soldiers follow orders," she explained.

Godzilla looked taken aback by that before he growled.

"I know what you're thinking," May stated. "But please understand that Peter wouldn't want that."

"You're right, he probably wouldn't." Godzilla concurred simply before leaving.

The humans have said that there is five stages of grief. Denial. Anger. Bargaining. Depression. And acceptance. Well, there is one more that Godzilla would like to add.