Chapter 8: The God of Destruction

3 hours later. . .

Ahsoka had a feeling Hera had bad news when she contacted them. That wasn't the Force telling her that. It was written all over the twi'lek's face when the hologram came through. Their simple plan had gone off the rails a bit. It wasn't anyone's fault but that wasn't comforting. They had taken out the Orbital Gun, they no longer had to worry about it shooting the invasion force down. Any hope of using it themselves against the Empire's blockade though was starting to seem remote.

All because of one Imperial Officer who had somehow guessed what the goal of their attack had been.

"Is there anyway to fix the targeting system?" Ahsoka asked urgently.

"Not in time for the invasion," Hera sadly informed her. "That Imp really did a number on it. Several laser bolts straight through the targeting processor, it's completely fried. Donnie and Raf agree that we'd need a new one. As it stands, this gun is blind and on top of that, the power outage has decreased its cycling rate. Even if we get a lucky shot, the next one will probably miss when the Destroyers try to move out of range. Only bright side is the complex's own power source is holding, meaning we should still have the same damage output. Kinda useless when we can't even hit the backside of a bantha."

Sienna shared a look with Hakoda. The Water Tribe chief seemed to understand what the two Faunus were thinking, something most likely picked up when they travelled the Galaxy together for three years. He leaned towards Hera.

"Does Donatello have the schematics of the Orbital Gun?" he asked. Hera turned to him with a raised eyebrow but nodded. "Then there is a way we fix the gun." he stated. 

"How so?" Ahsoka asked. "Long before the Great War, Remnant used to have two brother gods. Light and Darkness. They're responsible for Salem and the shattered moon. When they left, they left behind physical forms of their gifts to the mankind of Remnant. Knowledge, Creation, Destruction and Choice."

Sienna spoke up. "Should someone take one of these Relics they can use it. To gain knowledge. To create or destroy something of their choosing." he explained. 

"How do you know of this?" Hera asked. Sienna shrugged. "It became public knowledge when the Empire ended the war and revealed the existence of Salem. If we get our hands on the Relic of Creation, we could build a new Orbital Gun."

"If that's the case, why hasn't the Empire used it to create a war machine?" Kannan asked.

"Because there are drawbacks," Hakoda replied. "For Knowledge, the Relic can answer three questions in every hundred years. Creation is that we have to be very detailed on what we want made, hence the schematics. But there is another thing. Only one creation from the Relic can exist and the current creation is the Kingdom of Atlas. If we intend to use it, the city will fall from the sky."

"There is another way." Adam declared. "The White Fang have looked through Imperial files of bases they have here on Remnant. One of them is hundred and fifty miles west of here. The files we got on it are blacked out, but they mention something of an alien shuttle landing here years ago. They don't have much information other than that it's from an alien race the Empire believes to be extinct."

"You want us to break into an Imperial Base, break out an alien prisoner that might be the last of its kind and use it against the Empire?" Hera asked.

"More or less," Adam shrugged. "It's either that, we try to look for the Relic and end up dropping a city of hundreds of people using it, or try to find a way to fire a blind gun at the blockade of Destroyers above us."

"Well when you put it like that," Ezra muttered before holding his head and falling against the wall with a scream of pain. Kannan held a hand over his chest while Ahsoka placed a hand on the side of her head.