Mary looked to Cristy for a moment before shrugging. "Well, you know how we won and all?"

"Yeah?"

"We decided to go out for smoothies to celebrate-" she started, trailing off and looking at Cristy again.

"Okay?" I asked, cocking a brow as I watched them. Why would they be telling me this?

"Like, the whole team," she said, her eyes meeting mine looking almost weary. "To celebrate."

I nodded, wondering what she was getting at. "Yeah, you mentioned that already."

"Right," she nodded, ruffling her hair and shooting another desperate look towards Cristy, "well we were wondering if. . ." once more she trailed off, sucking in a deep breath. "That is-"

"Oh my god," Cristy snapped, shooting her an annoyed look, "it's not that big of a deal. Suck it up."

Mary shot her a flustered return gaze before turning her eyes determinedly back towards mine. "You and Coach Matthers are close right? Like friends?"

Cristy groaned, stepping forward towards me. "Look, what we're trying to do here is see if you'll ask him to join us for the smoothies."

That was definitely not what I'd been expecting, and I couldn't hide my surprised look. "If you want him to go with you guys just ask."

"You'd come too, duh," she snapped, giving me a look like I was an idiot. "We just want him to be there."

"Yeah," Mary pitched in, "he's part of the team too after all."

"And head coach isn't?" I asked, trying to hold in a smirk. I knew why they wanted Coach to be with them when they went out. I think I've already mentioned how the girls all flocked to him. It was hard not to when he was so goodlooking and we were a bunch of hormonal teenage girls. Besides, he was young enough.

Obviously not amused by my question Cristy's eyes narrowed on my own. "Look, if you won't do it just-"

"I will," I cut her off with a shrug.

"You will?" Mary responded, looking surprised. "You'll ask him to come?"

I nodded, getting off of the bench and standing before them. "Yeah, I'll go ask him right now. I can't promise anything but there's no reason not to try."

"Well," Cristy paused, thinking for a second. It was as if they'd honestly expected me to say no. Why should I? They were my teammates and he was my coach. We were celebrating a good win. It'd be perfect team bonding time. "We're going to Mele Café and Juice Bar."

I nodded to show I'd heard and scanned the room for a moment. Sure enough Coach's eyes met mine the second they landed on him. He'd just settled his arms into the sleeves of his jacket and slid one hand into his pocket for his keys. He shot me a smile and I returned it as I walked up to him. "Great game."

"I know," I responded with a shrug, my smile becoming a grin, "but that's to be expected with me."

He laughed and the sound only made me smile more. Knowing I had his approval boosted my confidence even further. "Right you are." For a second his eyes drifted from mine to look over my shoulder. "What did they want?"

"They were inviting us to go with to get some smoothies."

"Us?" he asked, repeating the world with a questioning gaze.

It was my turn to laugh. "Not like that," I assured him. "They only asked me since they know I get a ride home from you and they wanted to make sure I didn't have any other plans."