30. Big Bad Protector

Start from the beginning

           "I'm still not convinced that was a bad idea." I retort causing him to scoff with a roll of his eyes, "I can think of worse ideas you've had."

           "I think we all can." Bea remarks, earning a glare from Bellamy.

"I don't think I'll need a team, though." Jasper finally states budding it, "I am going to need buckets and some access to the latrine."

"Yeah, your own for that one, buddy." I mutter patting his chest as I leave the tent.

❂             ❂             ❂             ❂

           Bellamy and I walk with a few other guys, outside the wall. When I see Clarke I jog up to her, while Bellamy is still talking to his bitches.

"Hey." I say once I get next to her, "Anything?"

"It's been two days. Maybe the bomb at the bridge scared them off for good."

"You believe that?" Bellamy asks coming up next to me.

Clarke shakes her head, "No. They're coming.

"Jasper thinks he can cook up some more gunpowder, if he gets some sulfur, and Raven and Thistle say they can turn that into landmines." I tell Clarke as we walk down the hill.

"So be careful where you step." Bellamy remarks.

Clarke lets out a short chuckle, "Funny."

"What I really need is a thousand more of her tin can bombs I can roll into their village and blow those Grounders to hell." I look up to Bellamy, not really on the same page as him, I hadn't realized Clarke was giving him the same look, "That's what they want to do to us." He defends.

"Can't believe we survived a hundred years just so we could slaughter each other. There has to be another way." Clarke sighs.

"No kidding." I remark.

"Any word from the Ark?" Bellamy questions changing the topic.

"Radio silence."

"Finally ran out of air." He deadpans.

"Maybe my mom was lucky being on the Exodus ship. At least it was quick." I quickly wipe away the year that drops onto my cheek, and once I do Bellamy takes my hand in his, "No one is coming down to save us."

And that's when all hope was lost. It was up to us to save ourselves. The guard won't be coming. No one is coming. So a bunch of teenagers get to go to war with actual warriors. I had no idea how we even stood a chance.

"Fire!" I hear someone yell from inside the camp.

I take off, with Bellamy by my side, into the camp. Inside we see a crowd gathered around the meat house. It was up in red hot flames. Murphy was helping Octavia out. Bellamy and I both go to her first.

"O?" I ask, "You okay?" She nods still coughing, but I knew she was going to be fine.

"This is all your fault!" Murphy yells shoving Del back, "We told you it was too much wood."