Chapter Seven: A Peaceful Dinner

Kai honestly expected this man to be ruthless and impatient while he was teaching. It was beyond his expectations that Helix would actually answer his every question whenever he found something he couldn't understand. He would sneak in some rude responses from time to time but overall, the way this man teaches is even better than how the professors in his college do.

Truly, this man was born with too much talent.

So far, Kai could now read basic words in common language, it is much easier to learn as it was similar to English. The ancient language, however... Kai was stressed out. The sentence construction and grammar are so far from the common language, wasn't the latter derived from the ancient language? So why couldn't he find a similarity at all? Nevertheless, he was surprised by his own progress after a day of learning with Helix's guidance.

Although Helix's face was indifferent, he was also quite shocked by Kai's learning speed. Learning languages, two of them at the same time on top of that, always proved to be difficult. But Kai actually learned all the basic words of the common language in just a day. What a frightening learning speed.

Helix just stood up from his seat when he heard an awkward rumbling from someone's stomach. It was only him and Kai in the library.

So he turned his head at the man with an embarrassed expression with a blank look on his face. They didn't eat any lunch or dinner but because of his dedicated concentration, the hunger was forgotten, and only when they finished did his desire for food come out.

... Very well. Since you were working hard, I'll reward you.

Helix turned away and left the library without uttering a word. Kai could only shyly put back the books on the shelves before hurrying out as well. He didn't know where the other went so he could only wander around the large castle on his own and search for Helix. Meanwhile, he could only busy his mind with his thoughts as he walked around with hunger.

Today, he has pretty much completed his learning about the common language. His study of ancient language might take a while but since he got a gist of it already, it will be easier to learn in the future. But there are simply too many things he doesn't understand and is unaware of. For example, magic and concocting magic pills. Learning those things will be highly convenient for practical use. Of course, things like these are also one of the reasons why he was hooked on the story, despite it not being his type of genre.

In this world, magic has many kinds of classifications. The lowest and the easiest ones are the first-level classification magics, and the highest and hardest to use are the tenth-level classification magics. In this continent, there are only two well-known people that can cast tenth-level classification magics. The two obviously are the Dark Mage, Helix Vernon and the other being the Great Sage.

Learning is quite fun, as long as you understand how it works. It pretty much applies to mathematics as well, honestly.

Kai's movements came to a stop when a mouthwatering smell wafted towards his nose. This only caused his stomach, void of food, to beg even more for delicacies. In this castle, there's only him and the famed dark mage. So Kai didn't hesitate to run towards the kitchen with desperation and excitement.

How could someone be so talented?! The world hates this man but the gods really love him, doesn't he?

He busted inside the kitchen only to see a back covered with long, ink-black hair. It seems that while Kai was tidying up the library, Helix went to change his clothes into his comfortable black robes and went to the kitchen to cook. Helix didn't even spare a single glance at Kai and simply continued stirring the pan. But he spoke up at least, "There's some bread on the table. If you're too hungry, then make do with that for now until I finish."