"I miss you too." I say while wiping my tears away and step towards him. He stops his pacing to look at me for a moment, just taking me in. I sigh quietly and walk closer to him, he looks so hopeful, guarded all at the same time it breaks my heart all over again. I stop in front of him and look up at him, "hug me, please." I whisper and step into his personal space as I feel his arms close around me. I feel a rush of love and relief at the contact and wrap my own arms around him. I feel him tense briefly then relax into my hold, all the stiffness melting away. My tears soak his shirt, but he makes no complaint about it as he buries his face in my hair, the crook of my neck, just sniffing me and placing small kisses which release a ton of butterflies in my stomach. I have no idea how long we stand in each other's embrace. But I know that we needed it. When we finally break apart, teary eyed yet feeling rejuvenated we step back reluctantly, finally putting some space between us.

We make eye-contact almost shyly, small smiles spreading on our faces. I thread our fingers together and see how perfectly they fit and wish we could just walk out of here, with our hands the exact same way and it wouldn't cause a scandal.

Marcus lifts my chin up and stares at me for a moment and says, "I'm sorry" and crashes his lips against mine. I squeal in surprise but wrap my arms around him as he presses himself closer to me. He bites my lip, the pain and pleasure forces a moan out of my throat as he slips his tongue inside. As we continue making out passionately he slips his hand, squeezes my waist and slowly slides over my ass. He spanks me lightly and rubs over that spot making me moan and break our kiss. His kisses become hot, wet as he places them all over my jaw and neck, making me squirm. "Marcus please" I beg unclear if I want him to continue or stop his sweet assault.

But he makes that decision for me when he sucks lightly over a spot on my neck that drives me crazy as I moan helplessly. He stops all his ministrations and picks me up and presses me against the wall and begins ravaging me again. All I can do is surrender to him and pray this moment never ends.

I fist his hair and pull on it lightly as he continues kissing me, making him groan into my mouth. He alternates between kissing my neck and making out with me. All of this reminds me of when we met for the first time in that hotel hallway.

I break apart for air and look at him as he pants lightly, cheeks flushed and hair all over the place. If someone saw us right now, our lives would be over. Yet selfishly I hope someone would catch us right now, in each other's arms, lips swollen from kisses and only wanting more. I hope they catch us, put an end to this painful cycle we keep going. I gently brush his face from his hair as he regains his breath and lets me down. We smile at each other as I bend to pick up my laptop bag and step away from him.

I had no idea what to say or do to break this awkward silence. I take another step and sink down on the floor, overwhelmed by everything that went down. I bury my face in my hands and sigh.

I feel Marcus pulling my hands away, I look at him, exhausted. "Don't pull away, my Love. I won't survive it, not again." He murmurs as he brushes hair out of my face. My eyes sting as he continues brushing my hair, murmuring sweet nothings and placing gentle kisses all over my face. I realize that 3 months of staying away from this man only made me feel incomplete. Only made me miserable and irritable. I needed him as much as he did me.

"I won't pull away Marcus. But I also won't settle for scraps anymore." I tell him firmly. I see his face light up as I declare that I won't leave him again. He presses a swift kiss to my forehead as he sits down opposite to me. He pulls my hands into his lap and says, "You won't get scraps. You deserve every bit of me and more. And I will give you that." He kisses my knuckles gently, making me smile.

"I love you Marcus, each day we were apart it felt like I was dying a little." I say as I move in for yet another embrace.

"I love you more than life itself, Romy." He rasps as he wraps me in his warm embrace.

I have no idea how long we sat there, in that abandoned hallway, hugging and kissing and healing. But by the time we left, it was quite late. We stood outside his car, where he once pulled me close to him and kissed me thoroughly before bidding me goodnight and promising me he would resolve the situation with Annabeth and come home to me.

I prayed and hoped with everything in me that our love gets a chance, a real chance to thrive, free of Annabeth, free of judgements and harsh stares. As I drove back home that night I only wished that I'd be able to hold his hand in broad daylight one day.

HI MY LOVESSSS!

I hope all of you are doing well! College has been super hectic and time consuming. So I haven't been able to update that much. 

But here is chapter 23. Tell me what you think of it. All of your comments make me laugh so much, y'all are honestly so funny. So please feel free to comment and share and show some love.

ALSO 150K? WHAT THE HECK! I love that our little reader family is expanding. This is honestly a dream come true for me. Thank you all for being a part of this.

I hope all of you are staying hydrated and happy.

I will see you all soon.

I love you guys.

Until next time,

Sri ❤️