CHAPTER 10

Vote, Share and Comment 💕 

QOTD: Changes can be beautiful.

ROMY:

I never drove faster in my entire life. I fished around in my bag for the house keys,  fiddled with the keys, once I found them. My hands shaking, I couldn't focus. I took a shaky breath and tried again. 

CLICK

I rush into my apartment locking it behind me and run into the bathroom turning on the water heater and quickly strip and sit down on the bed. My eyes blur with tears, I was overwhelmed and scared. These emotions were an uncharted territory for me. It all became complicated so quickly and I hadn't taken time to stop to breathe and now it was all catching up with me.

A sob rips out of my throat as I step into the shower, I gasp trying to stop crying and focus on my shower. My breathing slows and the tension in my shoulders eases slightly. I take a long relaxing shower and wrap myself in a fluffy robe. I bring my hand up to my nose and smell the lingering scent of lavender and vanilla.

I take a look at the clock and realize that it was 11:30 PM. Knowing Cass, she wouldn't be asleep for another hour. I pick up my phone to call her, I was in desperate need of another person's perspective.

"Hey Ro, what's up?" Comes her chirpy voice.

"I think I like Marcus."

"Woah! The last time I heard this sentence was when we were 15." She snorts.

"Don't joke Cass, I'm so worried. He's a married man, but we have this insane chemistry that I NEED to explore, like once in a lifetime kinda stuff." I rant while slipping out of my robe and moving towards my closet.

"Uhh, that does sound serious. What do you wanna do it about it? I mean I understand you said you wanna explore and see where it goes, but there are things you need to consider." Cassie's voice grows more serious. I plop myself on my bed and make myself more comfortable.

"I have considered all things that can go wrong." I reply quietly.

"Have you considered the fact that this might only be a fleeting attraction? Have you considered the possibility of his wife finding out about this? Have you considered if word got out that, rich boy Marcus, who's very happily married to his wife of three years is caught cheating on her, your career might end even before it started? He's a man, it won't do shit to his image, the hit he might take will be temporary and fleeting, but for you, it'll ruin your life Ro. Have you considered how your conscience will bear doing something to another woman you'll never want for yourself or anyone else you love?" Cassandra's voice had risen, she was angry and rightfully so.

"Are you disappointed in me, Cass?" I ask quietly. She was my best friend, I knew that she always had my best interest in mind. That she was being harsh and brutally honest so I could make an informed decision. For that, I would be eternally grateful but it still hurt to disappoint her.

She sighs audibly. " Romy, I know we cannot control who we're attracted to. But I'd assumed you knew better than to pursue those attractions, especially, volatile ones like this."

"I know" My voice broke.

"Oh girlie, he really did a number on you, huh?" Cassie's was sympathetic. My eyes blurred with tears and a sob escaped my throat.

"Cass-" I began.

"Ok, I'll be over 10 mins and bring ice cream. We can do self-care, watch mean girls, eat ice-cream and gossip." She fired away. 

"Cassie no, we both have work tomorrow. You're too nice, looking out for me, thank you." I sniffle into the phone.

"Bitch please, it's my responsibility. Are you sure you'll be ok on your own? You don't have to be alone you know?" Her voice was soft and soothing and couldn't thank god enough for her presence in my life. I wipe my cheeks to get rid of the tears