CHAPTER 2

Vote, Comment and share 💕

QOTD: You can do it. 

R O M Y:

I'm standing in front of my parents house, just as I reach out to knock on the door, my mother opens it from the other side, "Romy you're here!" How is she so cheerful and sweet all the time? I shake my head pulling her in for a hug. She was a short woman of five feet two inches, eyes similar to my blue ones, only with specks of green in them. Beautiful blond hair now turning a little white at the roots. I was proud to say that my mother was a stunning lady, always managing to turn heads. Had the purest heart and wished everyone nothing but happiness.

"Hi mama" I mumble into her shoulder. I've always been attached to my parents, being an only child, they were a little over-protective of me too. I pulled away and my mum stepped outside followed by a huge chocolate Labrador, her dog. "Waffles" she called as he began wagging his tail and jumping on me, making me giggle.

Dad gifted Waffles to mum one year after I moved out because she was becoming super lonely. We head inside and I begin to spill all the office gossip, who's having an affair with who, everything to her, and she does the same with neighbourhood gossip.

I gasp as she tells me about one of the sweetest couples on the block and the story of why they're splitting up. ".........and she caught him in bed with her brother!".

"Oh my favorite girl is here" I hear dad's groggy and deep voice as he makes his way into the living room. I realized he probably just got up. Well over six feet tall, hair brown like mine, was turning white at the edges now. His kind brown eyes had so many lines from all the laughs he'd shared, with so much wisdom and so many lessons behind those eyes, my father was easily my favorite person in the world. He adjusts his thick black frames

"Papa!" I walk up and give him a hug only to be held onto so fast and tight it made me tear up. These were my papa's famous bear hugs. Ones I got treated to on a daily basis when I still lived with them. Sometimes I regretted moving out so early and found myself wanting to crawl back into the comfort of my mother's lap and my father's wisdom.

I laugh into his shoulder, "Papa you can let go now. You're squishing me." He lets me go slowly and gives me a sweet smile. My mother lets out a cross between a laugh and a snort before saying, "I thought I was your favorite girl Richie."

My dad awkwardly rubs his neck before muttering, "I have two favorite girls?" They were the cutest couple ever. Even after twenty-seven years of their marriage, my parents, Richard and Lisa Rogers managed to stay in love just like the first year of their marriage. The flirting, the blushing, the dates, everything. Dad was just as attentive, mom was just as loving. Them being so happy and in love gave me hope that I could find it someday too.

Max and I followed mom into the kitchen while dad freshened up and I took a seat on the kitchen counter eating berries and continued chatting about stuff while she whipped us pancakes.

-------TIME SKIP TO DINNER-------

It was 6:00 PM and Cassie had come over thirty minutes earlier. Dad, her and I were playing Uno while my mother prepared dinner. I'd just gotten a card for drawing plus four. It was the third time in the same game and I was annoyed.

"Ugh, this is not fair" I groaned, picking out four cards from the deck lying on the table.

"Don't be so pouty Romy." Dad responded laughing.

Cassie just giggled in response as she put her second last card down and yelled, "Uno!"

"Ah shit! Cassie dear you seemed to be having wonderful luck today." My father laughed while putting his cards back into the deck. We'd been playing for an hour and Cassie one three-fourth of it. My dad won the rest of it.

"I guess so, Pa." Cassandra laughed airily.

I pouted as I placed my cards into the deck and began gathering them. My dad stood up from the living room, "I'll go see if Lisa needs some help." and walked out of the room.

"So...." Cassie and I start at the same time. We share a laugh.

"You go first" I say to Cass and get up to put away the cards.

"So after you very rudely woke me up this morning, I went to the grocery store and guess what, I met the cutest guy. More like hot as fuck, but you know what I mean. So I overcame my overthinking and made a move." She was narrating so excitedly I couldn't help but share her excitement.

"Aah! tell me what happened then!" I squeal

"Well we were both near the produce section, so I picked up a beet and went over to him. He was standing near the carrots. I went and said, 'You make my heart skip a beet' holding up the beet and waited awkwardly for three seconds. Lemme tell you Ro, they were the longest three seconds of my life."

"Awww" I smile and hold her hand, her eyes get wide and she has the biggest smile on her face.

"He gave me such a sweet smile and picked up the mint and went, 'I think we're mint to be.' I swooned, we laughed for a couple seconds and we finished the rest of shopping trip talking puns and movies and after we checked out, he asked me out on a date this Friday. We exchanged numbers and have been texting throughout the day. Oh gosh he's so sweet." I was smiling like a loon. She clearly had a major crush on this mystery man. It was adorable to watch her all doe-eyed and bubbly.

My best friend Cassandra Josephine Martins was the sweetest girl ever, Her and I had been best friends for over twenty years now. Cassandra was like another daughter to my parents.

"You didn't tell me his name." I playfully shoved her

"Andrew, Andrew Ross." She said as her cheeks turned a light pink.

"I guess you are having a lucky day then." I wiggle my eyebrows making us laugh.

"What about you, Rome? What were you gonna tell me?"

I blushed as last night's events played in my mind. "Well after you set me up with that dick boss of yours..." Cassie laughs and cuts me off and apologizes for it

"Issokay Cass, after a while into the dinner I excused myself to go to the ladies room and on the way to the ladies room I met the hottest man I've ever laid my eyes on. Like literally hot supremo." I wave my hands in the air trying to express myself. Cass nods and gestures to me to go on while grabbing a pillow to hug.

"Well we had this little eye-fuck session. We kept staring at each other like we wanted to rip our clothes off. Oh God Cassie, the sexual tension in the room was so high, Eventually I made the first move and kissed him." I finished with a smile.

Cassie's eyes were wide and her mouth hung open in shock. I was never one to do impulsive things, it surprised me too.

"Well what happened then?" She was so impatient

"We um, did stuff before I got all shy and ran out on him." I shrugged, a little sad.

"You didn't tell me his name." Cassie asked with a cheeky smile on her face.

I laughed, "I wish I knew."

"What, but-" she was going to continue when we heard my mom call for us.

She gave me a look that said this discussion was not finished.

The discussion was completely forgotten and dinner was carried on with. Cass and I gave mom and dad long hugs and went our separate ways.

-----------------------------

WORD COUNT: 1393 

This was the second chapter loveysss.

 Do show her some love.

 Hit that little star, comment and share.

Do you think she'll meet Mr. Seggsy? If so, under what situations?

Until next time then,

- Sri