I Need You

"Toya, I've loved you since they day I met you." I got down on one knee, ring in hand. "You bring so much happiness to my life, that I can't help but ask, will you marry me?"

"Yes, Akito. I love you." I went to kiss Toya, but wait. It was a mirror. I was rehearsing and hallucinating Toya saying those things. Maybe I should've stayed in love with dreaming. But the bright lights peeking through the curtains had another plan. I finally gained the confidence to slide my shirt on and go out into civilization.

My plan to spend the day with Toya was working, because we were both at the street corner where we decided to meet up. This was the day we would get engaged, although the taller was fully unaware.

I was 20. It had been years since we met, and Toya had been lighting up my life ever since we met. Ena, An, and Kohane were there too, but Toya was the reason that I kept climbing.

"Oi, let's go to the new toy store that opened up!" I suggested to my boyfriend, and he agreed. So we went to the store and looked at the figure collection.

"Hatsune Miku." He smiled, and we both remembered about the Sekai. We hadn't checked up on them in a long while. Maybe once we were confirmed to be getting married.

"You like her, eh?" I responded, and pulled out my wallet. "Do ya want her?" He nodded sweetly, so I took the figurine to the cash register and purchased it.

As we exited the shop, it was clear that Toya was amazingly happy. I didn't want to pull out the ring until we went to the restaurant I had planned, though. Tsukasa was there already with Rui, Nene, and Emu, and Ena with her own friends. We would all be in separate booths.

"I hope you are hungry, because I got lunch ready!" I pulled him to the door. "In here, my dear." Toya was slightly confused, but he went with it.

We ate in a comfortable silence. I didn't want to be desperate or anything – that wouldn't do. I had to do something special for him.

I found the ring in my pocket. "Toya," I sighed comfortably. "I've loved you since they day I met you." Just like I rehearsed, I got down on one knee. His eyes widened. "You bring so much happiness to my life, that I can't help but ask, will you marry me?" He smiled, and he probably had a tear in his eye.

"Yes!" He cried. "Oh god yes!" Both Ena and Tsukasa clapped. Emu, Mizuki, and Rui cheered, while Nene, Kanade, and Mafuyu looked slightly happy. I slid the ring on his finger, and I knew it would all work out.

Toya examined his ring. It was only a few hours ago that we got engaged, and it was already the best decision of my life. Marriage. I dreamed of being able to kiss this man once a few years ago, and now we were getting married? I never knew it could be so amazing.

"So, you're my fiancé now." I brought up, and he smiled. "Can't believe it, honestly."

"Yea." His gentle gaze was still as beautiful as all those years ago. "Say, Akito. Want to go to dinner to celebrate?" Toya suggested. It was cute.

It took a minute to process anything. "Anything for you, partner." I smiled. "In the meantime, come here." I held my arms out, hinting for a hug. After realizing my gesture, he hugged me back with his head on my shoulder. It was like he was clinging to me and trying to become small. He was like a cat in a lot of ways. "There ya go." I said, and it led us into a comfortable silence. I gave him occasional rubs on the back to ease up any potential tension on his part. It was calming to be in such a quiet but meaningful position. After a few minutes, he pulled away to look at me with an emotion I couldn't quite place. Happiness? Nostalgia? Possibly a mixture of the two. He then hugged me tighter. Heaven.

"Akito," Toya started. "I love you."

"Love ya too."

Now, we just had to tackle dinner.

——————

Okay, okay. I know what you're thinking. "They seriously posted on December 23 and didn't make a Christmas special?" Nope! This is actually better.