For You!

It was Toya's birthday, and after giving him the best tasting coffee I could muster (only after dragging him out of bed), I had no idea what to do. I seriously had no gift.

I mentally slapped myself as I offered to take him to the arcade and pay for some gameplay. He nodded sweetly, and I gave him a quick peck on the cheek. He smiled as I led him out the door.

"Come on!" I laughed. "The day's started now! No need to lay around!" I dragged him out, although, he did seem to just be playing along and actually enjoying it.

"Going! Going!" Toya responded, following along. "Aren't you a bit too energetic for this hour in the morning?" He asked.

"What do you mean? It's the most special day of the year — why wouldn't I be excited?" I responded. It was his birthday after all. He smiled, and I knew that I would take a bullet for him. Even if everyone was against him, I'd love him. Even if he ran away to the forest. Even if he was a drug addict for hell's sake. Even in the midst of any chaos, I would still love would dear Toya. Wait — that's super sappy. Gross.

"I figured someone like you would prioritize his own birthday." He teased. He wasn't wrong, I did hold up a I-don't-give-a-crap kind of front around others. In reality, Toya was actually more of that type. I was pathetic compared to him, especially romantically.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes, and he gave me a tight squeeze in return. It could technically be considered a hug. I wanted to melt, he was too adorable. I simply chuckled and said, "Let's get going!"

We walked into the arcade, and proceeded to the front desk. I punched in a decently high amount of tickets and gave the employee my card. With a swipe, it was returned.

Toya's eyes went straight for a claw machine. I sighed, knowing that they were scams, but it was his birthday.

"Oi, I'm gonna go find a restroom. I'll be back." I said, feeling content but doubtful at the same time.

I walked out of the restroom to see Toya waiting for me. He was carrying a whale shark plushie. "Look! I won him for you!" He gave me a hug. In shock was an understatement. He seriously won in a rigged machine. The plush was pretty cute, too. I smiled and took it happily.

"Thanks!" I patted my boyfriend's hair. "What should we name him?" I asked.

"Hm... I think that Wally would be a good name." He considered out loud. "Maybe that would work?"

I nodded. "The name's cute. Wally the whale shark!" I cheered. "He's so big and fluffy– I'm gonna make him a blanket!" I joked, but I actually kind of wanted to. It would be adorable.

"I'll be waiting for it." He laughed, and it felt like my soul was sucked out of my body. I would do anything for him. His voice was so pleasant and calming, it was insane. I was such a damn simp, but there was nothing I could do about it. I could see why An and Ena make fun of me so often.

We walked out to the main game room. "Oh! Want to go against me in air hockey?" I suggested. He nodded, so we walked over to the table.

Unsurprisingly, Toya won every game we played. But, somehow we spent so long at the arcade that dinner was approaching. Time flies when you're gay.

"Where you wanna eat?" I asked.

"I want your cooking." He said. He knew I couldn't cook.

"Are you sure?" Please, Toya, just get fast food or something.

"Yes. I am quite confident that your cooking will be superb." There was no breaking his stubbornness. I just nodded, and we walked home.

It started raining, actually. We panicked and hid under a building overhang for two hours, and we played Toya's games on his phone. A few people laughed at us, but I could care less.

Oh, Toya. You really are something.

——

And Toya gets a burnt meal.

Anyway, Wally is a real plushie I got from a claw machine!