Phoenix Wonderland

When I woke up, Toya was sitting up reading another book. How could he be such a nerd? And on top of that, be a cute nerd?

"Yo, Toya." He perked up at his name. "How long have you been up?" If he woke up early just to read, then I wouldn't know what to do.

He patted my head. "4, just about." I looked at him with a shocked expression, asking him why he woke up. "I had a nightmare, so I couldn't go back to sleep."

I sat up. "Nightmare... wanna talk about it?" I offered. "Ya don't have to, but..."

"No. It's okay. I'd make me feel better if you and I talked about it." He sighed. "So basically, you and I were walking to school. I took my eyes off you for a few seconds, and—" Toya started sobbing. I pulled him closer.

"Shh..." I rubbed circles on his back.

He swallowed. "A-and you got hit by a truck." He managed to choke out, tears still coming down. I didn't know how to comfort him other than holding him.

We sat for a few minutes. I let him cry in my shirt, and I gave him the occasional forehead kiss. It took Toya a long time to finally regain his posture. Even still, tears ran down his otherwise perfect face.

I wiped his tears off with my sleeve and looked into his eyes. "It was just a nightmare. I would never allow myself to leave you so easily." I smiled. "I'm here for you, okay?"

"Okay..." He looked up at me. "Promise?"

"Promise."

Toya had apparently won a sweepstakes from a coffee powder box. The reward was two tickets to Phoenix Wonderland, so we decided to go. There was one primary issue: his fear of heights. What fun was an amusement parks without thrilling rides and heights? But even still, I would hold off on those types of attractions so Toya could enjoy it. He was the one that won the sweepstakes, after all.

"You ready?" I looked over to my boyfriend, who actually was shirtless. "TOYA WHAT THE HELL?! THERE'S A BATHROOM!" I panicked, well aware that I could hardly handle the exposure. I was a simp for Toya.

He stopped. "Oh." He threw a shirt on. "Oops. My mistake."

"It's okay. Don't worry 'bout it." I smiled to my boyfriend. To be honest, as a horny idiot, I almost enjoyed it. He smiled back to me, now fully clothed.

"You ready now, 'Kito?" Toya asked.

I looked over. We had everything — including clothes on our bodies. "Ready!" I shouted, surprisingly loud. I'm getting closer to being Tsukasa every day now, and that's bad. Really bad.

"Okay. Let's go."

Phoenix Wonderland was fairly busy. There were lines for everything, including restrooms, but Toya didn't mind. I knew he wasn't interested in the rides with the longest lined, but it must still be inconvenient.

"I heard that Tsukasa-senpai is performing tonight. Can we stay for that?" I didn't want to be around that dork, but I was just a plus one. It wasn't my place to make the plans.

Toya respected Tsukasa a lot, so I just nodded. "Yea, sure." My boyfriend did a miniature cheer, smiling slightly. I gave back the most sincere grin I could muster. "What time?"

He unlocked his phone and stared at his calendar. Oh, so the event was that important to him. "Seven." It was noon then, so we had time to kill.

"Wanna go get lunch?" I asked as my stomach growled. "Maybe somewhere has pancakes!"

"Mhm~" He sang as he looked at a map that I didn't notice, planted into the ground beside us. "There are quite a few places we could get food from. I'm not sure what their menus are like."

"Want to walk around to see their menus?" I offered. He nodded sweetly, soon connecting our hands together. I felt sweat on Toya's palm; the heat was awful today.

We navigated the way through heavy crowds. It was our fault for coming at a busy time, but too late to turn back. It was almost as if Toya pulled me along. He must love it here.

At long last, we reached one. "Hello." My boyfriend greeted the employee. As I looked at the menu, I found what I was looking for.

"PANCAKES!" I yelled excitedly. I got a few stares, but a light chuckle from Toya. Good. That's what I want to hear.

"Er... we'll take a water bottle, the classic pancakes, and a chocolate chip cookie."

A minute later, we receive our food. We sat on an empty bench.

"I wasn't expecting to find breakfast food here. You are lucky, Akito." He smiled.

"I know, wright?" I responded while chewing. I didn't care that I was being rude.

"Don't eat with your mouth full. It's impolite." He wiped a bit of syrup off my mouth, turning me into a flustered mess.

"T-Toya!" I stammered over his name, making the situation more awkward. "God... we are in public." I sighed.

"Heh." Bastard.

Toya dragged me to the WxS performance. He insisted we sit in the front row. It baffled me how he thought that our upperclassmen where so incredible, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Welcome one, welcome all!" The blondie announced. Toya's eyes seemed to twinkle from delight. "I, Tsukasa Tenma, present this show to you! Special shout out to Rui Kamishiro, Nene Kusanagi, and Emu Otori!" The troupe members came onto the stage. "Now, let us begin!"

I admittedly watched Toya's reaction rather than the performance for the duration of the show, but it was worth it. Seeing his eyes full of wonder nearly had me in tears. I never pictured Tsukasa doing something right, but here we are. It made me wonder how the plot of the performance that I was seated for was going, but Toya appeared to enjoy it. Good.

Once the show finished, my boyfriend walked over to "the world's future star" and started a conversation almost immediately. I was not far behind, but that was only because I was (just slightly) overprotective of him.

I took a drink of the water bottle that Toya purchased. I smiled as I recalled the events of that day, watching the sun set behind the ferris wheel.

——

I WANNA WRITE A (SFW) TICKLE SCENE FOR THEM I'M ADDICTED TO THE ONES ON TUMBLR AUOJGRSGJKOHBD (I need help :D)

Also, it's been bothering me that Akito is just KAITO spelled differently.

That's it folks, see ya in the next chapter.