five

amelia's legs were numb as she sped home in the middle of the night.

she went into her home and found her suitcases and filled them with things she needed.

she had to leave this town.

after her bags were packed and in her car, she called carly as she drove for the highway.

"amelia?" carly answered obviously half asleep.

"carly i have to leave town."

"what? why are you yelling?"

"david hired ilya to kill me!"

"wait- what?" carly asked.

"ilya is a hitman!"

"did you call the police?" a now fully awake carly asked.

"yes, but he knows where i live, so right now i've got to get out of here."

"where're you going?"

"i'm not sure." amelia said, "probably just a hotel out of town for tonight."

"amelia please be safe. i love you."

"i love you too. i'll call you in the morning." amelia told her.

"you better."

-

the next morning, david dobrik was angry. when he checked his phone, the gps he had on amelia's phone showed that she was far out of town. so the first thing she did was call ilya.

"hello-" ilya answered but was cut off by david.

"she's running. i'm tracking her right now and she's no where near town. you need to get your act together and finish her off already!"

before ilya had the chance to respond, david hung up on him.

david dobrik was at the police station as soon as it opened, he made reports on amelia as she was "missing."

-

amelia arrived at a hotel that was a few towns over from home.

the girl laid on the bed, she had a million things rushing through her head. she had so many questions, but something made her feel that it was too dangerous to ask them now.

why would ilya agree to this?

was it all a game between us?

was i already the target the night we met?

was it all a show he was putting on?

but it all felt so real to me...

she was snapped out of her thoughts when her phone was ringing. it was carly.

"please tell me you're calling with good news." amelia answered the phone.

"they think you're having a mental break down." carly told her, "david got to the police before i could. they're even sending a search party to look for you, all thanks to your ex husband. i think he bribed them, amelia."

"well then i'm as good as dead." amelia sighed. "we both know david won't give up until he gets what he wants."

"i know." said carly, "it's unfortunately how he got you."

"you're right."

"but don't worry, we are going to figure this out." carly reassured her. "but you better stay on the run."

"i will."

"erin just got here, i'm gonna put you on speaker." carly said.

"hey amelia!" erin said. "my parents have a beach house that's about an hour away from where you are. i was thinking you could stay there for a little while because no one except my family knows about it."