014

____________________
Chapter 14!
What The Heart Wants
____________________

"Thanks so much for the help Jules." Sabrina said with a smile as they entered the Gryffindor common room.

"Yeah! Honestly, you're a life saver." Roxy added.

All three girls froze when they saw how empty the common room was, there was only one other person in the room. He was sitting on the settee in front of the fireplace.

"Everyone must be at dinner." Roxanne said.

"I'm so hungry! Do you want guys want to come eat with me?" Sabrina asked, she seemed like she desperately wanted to make friends.

Actually, when Juli thought about it, she'd never really seen Sabrina hang out with many people nowadays. She'd had quite nasty friends back when she was dating James. Which was surprising considering how nice she was. Juli assumed she must've dumped her friends around the same time she'd dumped James.

"I'd love to." Roxy smiled.

"You two go ahead, I'll catch up." Roxy gave Juli a confused look. Juli gestured to the settee and Roxanne seemed to get it. "Make sure to sit next to Nico. I haven't been hanging out with him lately and I need to say a proper sorry."

Roxanne nodded, "Alright, see you soon."

Juli waited for the two girls to leave the room before she approached the sofa.

"Hi." She said as she took a seat.

James looked up in surprise, "Hi?"

Juli and James then sat in silent for a few minutes, neither of them knew what to say to each other. Juli ran through all the thoughts going through her head, trying to find which one to start with. Her thoughts were interrupted when James finally spoke.

"I heard about what's going on with you and Peter."

"Yeah, It seems like everyone has." Juli replied, she didn't mean to sound as agitated as she did. She was just sick of everyone asking her about Peter.

"Sorry... You're probably sick of talking about him..."

Juli didn't reply, she just smiled.

"So I assume you sat next to me to ask something. What is it?" James looked away from Juli.

"Oh... uh... are you still in lov-" She cut herself off, she didn't feel comfortable asking that question. "What was that fight with Peter about? He won't tell me, it's kinda the reason why we're arguing."

"I really don't think it should be me that tells you."

"James, please. I've tried to get Peter to tell me, he's just ignoring me now."

James took a deep breath, "I think... No... I know his younger sister overheard a conversation between Sabrina and I. We were talking about you."

"What about me?" Juli was genuinely curious.

"Basically about how I'm a complete idiot for using you and how Sabrina and I have no romantic feelings for each other anymore."

"Is that all?" There was a part of Juli that hoped Sabrina had brought up James' feelings for Juli in their conversation. The other part wondered, if that was all, then why did Peter react the way he did.

"Not exactly." James finally looked back at Juli, his eyes showed all kinds of different emotions. "I might of also mentioned that I..."

He trailed off, looking like he was staring into space.

"I have feelings for you."

"What?!" Juli was taken aback. She was also quite upset. How could he say such a thing after he had quite literally ripped her heart out and stomped on it. "James are you kidding me."

"Look, I know it's stupid... I know I was an idiot but-"

"No! No buts... I loved you James and I thought you loved me." Juli felt like she was on the verge of tears. "You didn't. Now you're telling me that you do?!"

"I'm sorry... I fucked up. I didn't realise until it was too late. I really am sorry for being an idiot and hurting you. You don't have to forgive me, I know I don't deserve it. But I need you to know, I think you're the most beautiful girl I've ever met. And I am so so fucking sorry for hurting you."

Juli looked deep into James' eyes, she could tell that he really was sorry and that he meant every word that was coming out of his mouth. Her heart seemed to flutter at this and her voice softened, "When... when did you realise?"

"I didn't realise until Roxy slapped some sense into me. I realised way after I had fallen for you. I was just blind."

"And when did you... fall for me?" Juli's heart was beating a mile a minute now. Just like that, her old feelings for James all came rushing back.

"Remember that night before exams started, I was sitting on this sofa, you came downstairs and asked me what's wrong. When you gave me that goodnight kiss, I had butterflies dancing crazily in my stomach. That's when I fell."

Juli knew she had to get out of the room, her own stomach had butterflies dancing in it now. She had to get away from James. She didn't want to do anything that would break Peter's heart and if she stayed in the room any longer, she knew she would.

"I... uh... I'm starving. I think I'm going to go to dinner now."

James looked disappointed but nodded his head, "Me too. Want to walk together?"

"Okay." Juli replied with a small smile.