006

____________________
Chapter 6!
I Miss Her
____________________

James' Christmas break had been pretty boring. Christmas day at the Burrow had been fun, it always was, but the rest of his break had been eventless.

He couldn't wait to get back to Hogwarts. The only thing he was dreading was seeing Juli again. He hated seeing her so sad all the time.

He also hated that she was avoiding him. She was a great friend and he missed her friendship.

"JAMES! Stop moping around and come and help us clear the table!" Lily called.

"I'm coming!" James shouted back.

Just as James stood up and was about to walk into the dining room, Roxy ran up to him.

"Jamie! Can you ask your mum if I can stay the night? I've asked my dad, he's cool with it." She asked. She had spent the day at the Potter house, helping James pack for school. He'd saved it until last minute, like always.

"I'll ask but I don't know if she'll say yes. We're starting back at school tomorrow Rox."

"Exactly! I can come with you guys to Kings Cross. It's better than going with my mum, she cries the whole time."

"My mum isn't any better." James laughed.

Roxy rolled her eyes and pushed James into the dining room, "Just hurry up!"

"Took you long enough!" Lily exclaimed handing James a pile of dirty plates.

James took the plates over to his mother, who was using magic to clean the dishes.

"Mum, can Roxy stay the night? Uncle George said it was okay."

"James, you're starting back at Hogwarts tomorrow. I don't want you staying up all night and then refusing to get out of bed in the morning."

"That won't happen mum! We'll go to sleep early, promise!"

Ginny thought for a moment, "Alright fine! I'll check with your father in a bit. I'm sure he'll be okay with it though."

James smiled and gave his mother a kiss on the cheek, "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

Just as he was about to run off to tell his cousin, his mother stopped him. "Wait, we're not finished cleaning yet."

"Where's Albus? Why isn't he helping."

"Dad's giving him a talk. He hasn't been doing very well at school and he wants him to do better." Lily said, then she smirked at James. "You're probably next."

"Shut up." James mouthed, giving his sister a death glare.

She rolled her eyes as she handed him the last pile of dirty plates.

James ran them over to his mother and then he ran over to the Settee that Roxy was sitting on.

"You can stay." He said with a big smile plastered across his face.

"Great!" Roxy exclaimed. "Now we can talk about your little..." Roxanne paused for a moment, she was trying to find the right word. "Predicament."

"Huh?"

"Your 'girl problem'."

"Rox, I have no idea what you're talking about." James said, he was telling the truth.

"Juli!" Roxy practically shouted.

"Oh..." James replied, he didn't know what else to say. James and Roxanne hadn't talked about Juli since they'd seen her outside of The Three Broomsticks with Nico. But even then they hadn't been able to talk about her properly, Fred had been with them at the time.

The two of them sat in an awkward silence for a while before James spoke again, "I miss her."