008

____________________
Chapter 8!
James' Flashback
____________________

"Can't sleep?" James heard a familiar voice say from behind him.

He turned to face them and saw the silhouette of a girl. At first he thought it was Sabrina but as the silhouette moved to sit next to him, he noticed it was Juli. James wasn't complaining though, he liked being in Juli's company.

James shook his head.

"Neither can I." Juli said. "Are you stressing about exams too?"

James couldn't tell her the truth, that he was up thinking about Sabrina and how much longer he'd be able to lead Juli on before she found that he was using her, so he lied.

"Yeah. I don't think I've studied enough."

Juli smiled softly and grabbed James' hand, which made him feel a strange sensation in his stomach. Almost like butterflies but, it couldn't have been, he didn't like her that way.

"I could help you study." She said. Her voice was soft and in the fire-lit common room, James couldn't help but stare at Juli's beautiful features. Her gorgeous long dirty blonde hair, brown doe eyes and full light pink lips looked even more stunning in the fire light.

When he finally noticed his own staring, James' cheeks went a slight shade of pink and he cleared his throat.

"I'll be okay. Thanks though." He said with a small smile.

James stood up to leave but was stopped by Juli who had grabbed his hand. She stood up and gave him a quick kiss. It wasn't the first time that the two of them had kissed, but it was the first time that James had truely felt something towards Juli during one.

"Goodnight, James." Juli smiled at him and then made her way up the stairs, back to the dormitories.

James sat back down on the Settee, abandoning his plan to go back up to bed. Instead, he stayed up thinking about Juli. He loved her, he wouldn't admit it to himself though. He wouldn't tell her about Sabrina and his plan to win her back, James didn't want to risk losing her.