003

____________________
Chapter 3!
Avoidance
____________________

When Juli walked into class, every student in the room turned to look at her. She made eye contact with James for a split second before looking away.

"I'm so sorry I'm late professor, I slept in." Juli lied.

She expected at least one of her roommates to call her out on her lie but none of them said anything. Juli let out an almost silent breath of relief.

"That's alright, just ask one of your classmates to catch you up on the lesson." Professor Longbottom replied, giving Juli a soft smile.

Juli nodded her head and then looked back over at the students standing around the table. She usually stood in between James and Nico but she didn't want to be anywhere near James so she decided to go and stand in between Nico and Peter. She was still standing in a close vicinity to James but at least she wasn't standing right next to him.

"Do you need me to catch you up?" Peter asked.

Juli had known Peter even before arriving at Hogwarts. Their mothers had been best friends when they were at Hogwarts so therefore both Juli and Peter's families grew up together. Juli and Peter were quite close as children, but once they arrived at Hogwarts, Juli was sorted into Gryffindor while Peter was sorted into Hufflepuff and the two of them slowly grew apart.

Juli was quite glad at the start of the year when she found out the 7th year Gryffindors would be doing Herbology with the 7th year Hufflepuffs. She had missed Peter and although Nico was a wonderful best friend, Juli's friendship with Peter had been a different kind of wonderful.

"Yes please." Juli replied with a smile.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Thanks for the help today." Juli said as she, Nico and Peter exited the Herbology class together.

"It's no problem." Peter replied with a shy smile.

Just as Peter was about to walk off towards his next class, Juli called out to him, "Nico and I are going to Hogsmeade on Saturday if you want to join us."

"That sounds like fun." Then Peter turned to Nico. "If you're okay with me tagging along."

"That's totally fine!" Nico replied. "You're the only person in our year that I can tolerate, apart from Jules of course. We'll be meeting at The Three Broomsticks and then we'll head over to Honeydukes afterwards."

Peter laughed, "Thanks! See you guys then."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Juli! Wake up!" Nico shouted from outside the door.

Juli groaned, "Five more minutes."

"No! We're meeting Peter in half-an-hour and I know how long it takes you to get ready. Get up now!"

"Alright, I'm up! I'm up!" Juli said with a sigh.

"Good! I'll be down in the common room."

Juli climbed out of bed and put on the outfit she had laid out the night before. Then she applied some makeup and once she was happy with her appearance, she went downstairs and met Nico down in the common room and they started their trek to Hogsmeade.

Once Juli had stepped foot in The Three Broomsticks, she immediately regretted getting out of bed. Juli began slowly backing out of the shop but was stopped by Nico who grabbed her arm.

"Where do you think you're going. Peter's over there." He said and pointed to the table Peter sat at.

Juli pointed to the table where James sat with his two cousins, Fred and Roxanne.

"Oh." Nico said.

Juli tried her hardest to get the attention of Peter without alerting the whole of The Three Broomsticks but he was too busy death glaring James to notice her.

"I can go in and get him if you want?" Nico turned to look at Juli and she nodded.

Juli watched as Nico walked over and began talking with Peter. They talked for a few seconds before Nico gestured over to Juli and Peter gave her a smile. Juli returned the smile and then Nico and Peter got up and walked over to Juli.

Juli chose this time to quickly glance over at James' table and once she saw that all three people at the table were staring at her and whispering to each other, she turned on her heels and speed walked towards Honeydukes. She figured Nico and Peter would understand and catch up to her.

Once Juli was inside, she let out a sigh of relief. She smiled when she heard the voices of her two friends calling her name. Juli was glad she'd avoided an unwanted encounter with James.