Chapter 5

"Loser I got the nuggets!" Azrial cheered as they flaunted the bag in front of Spencer. "Oh screw off." They tossed one of the 20 piece boxes at him and smiled as Spencer patted the mattress. "Sit with me idiot." "You're not attempting a robbery?" "What- no. Just sit down."

The two were borderline cuddling, but they didn't want to cross a boundary or suddenly feel uncomfortable. Wakfu was playing on Ranboo's laptop as they ate their nuggets and fries, occasionally laughing or choking. "You know, I'm sure we'd be more comfortable if we were cuddling." Spencer suddenly said, leaning back onto his pillows and smiling softly at Azrial. "Okay." Both put up a confident facade, inside it was just screaming. Azrial laid down next to him and put their head on his arm, which was hanging off the bed. Their body's were touching and Spencer moved the laptop to his stomach.

Azrial was asleep. Fast asleep, luckily they finished their nuggets before clocking out. Spencer chuckled and moved everything off himself and them, then tucked the two into his comforter. They moved closer to him subconsciously and something inside Spencer changed in that moment. He closed his eyes as well and drifted into a dreamless sleep.

"No mo- sorry. I'll be over soon. Yeah I didn't mean to fall asleep– okay. Um love you? O- Alright bye.." Spencer woke up to the sound of Azrial's distressed and disappointed voice. They brought their phone away from their ear and inhaled shakily. He went to comfort them but they burst into tears and buried their face in his chest. "I might be moving away Spencer." "What? Why? Sorry nevermind, let it out." To say he was shocked was an understatement. They just became best friends, he trusted them so much, and now their leaving?

"Apparently I'm going to the UK. My mom doesn't want to take care of me anymore and my dad lives up there. She says I'm and I quote, 'too much work.' So she's just getting rid of me!" Azrial cried harder and Spencer teared up a little too. "Azzy, look at me." Azrial looked up and he blinked back tears. "I'll call you and visit no matter what happens, okay?" "O-Okay.." Their phone dinged, it was their mom. "I-I have to go now." Spencer sighed and let them go, walking them to his front door. "I'm not gonna lie, I like you. Platonic or not, I do." Azrial said softly, quickly, as they descended down his porch steps. "I like you too, Azzy." They smiled for the first time that morning and walked away, then jogged once they couldn't take the pain of leaving anymore.

"Azrial, I'm sorry. You've been expelled from every school on this side of California, and I'm not moving anytime soon. And your sleeping with boys!" Adele, their mother, explained as Azrial stalked towards their room. "That's cool and all, but I finally like someone and you're just ripping that from my hands!" They yelled and slammed their door, grabbing the suitcases their mother left in the room, and opening it aggressively. "FUCK!" They screamed into a shirt, noticing it was Spencer's.

Blasting their 'falling in love' playlist from their speaker as they packed, it just didn't fit their pissed vibe. So Azrial switched the music from 'Perfect-Acoustic' to 'TRRST'. As they shoved jeans and cargo pants into the suitcase, Spencer called. They paused the music and turned off Bluetooth, answering the call. "Hey-" "I'm streaming Az. Chat was asking where you were haha." That wasn't uncommon, so Az answered sadly. "Chat, I'm moving. I'm going to the UK, which sucks cause I don't know anyone there!" They glanced at their guitar and smiled. "Want some terrible quality songs? I can play the guitar." Ranboo immediately demanded to hear it.

"Dancing in the dark, with you between my arms.

Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song

when I saw you in that (dress) suit,

looking so beautiful, I don't deserve this,

darling, you look perfect."

Ranboo was shocked. He hadn't heard Azrial sing seriously before, and God it sounded amazing. They had a deeper voice, and alto, it was soothing. And the way they played the chords flawlessly showed they really liked guitar. "What the hell, why was I never informed you could play OR SING?" Azrial laughed and set down their guitar, placing it back in its case for the shipping. "Insecurities bestie! Pogging through the pain right now." Ranboo didn't speak after that and Azrial sighed. "Well, I'm not even done packing my clothes, so I'll call you later Ranboo." "Give me a nickname." "W-Wha?" "I have a nickname for you, give me one." Azrial smirked and replied confidently. "Bye beloved." "HUH-" Azrial hung up, giggling.

Clothes packed, on flight bag packed, now they had to pack their trinkets, posters, and stuffed animals. "Wow.. this is gonna become a shell." Azrial was told they were leaving later that week. Everything would be shipped as soon as they got it packed up. So, Azrial took an entire shelf of their small frogs and mushrooms and gently set them in a box, which was small enough to fit in the case. Soon the books, mushrooms, and frogs were packed. Sketchbooks full of crochet designs were also packed. Yarn, crochet hooks, and needles were set in as well. 2 suitcases, 4 boxes, and 2 duffel bags later, the room was a plain minecraft yellow.

[Only acceptable yellow. 😡]

Azrial noticed it took 6 hours, so they walked to the kitchen and made some macaroni. Adele wasn't home, so Azrial had the house to themself. Their phone buzzed and they quickly checked it.

Beloved
hey Azzy there's a carnival in town
for the next few days, want to go with me?

Azzy <3
no way it took me moving away to
score a date?? obviously beloved.

Beloved
picking you up rn

Azzy <3
RN
OH SHIT

Azrial panicked and quickly ate their food, running into their bathroom and staring at their reflection. Tear stains traced their cheeks so they tried washing their face, it worked. They speedran applied eye liner and mascara, quickly tossing on a new pair on jeans, and hopped down the hallway with one boot on, zipping up the side of it as Spencer rang the doorbell. "One second!" Azrial replied loudly and zipped up the other boot, straightening out their hair and opening the door happily.

Spencer smiled at the clearly flustered Azrial below him, they looked slightly winded. "Next time give me a warning?!" He laughed and held out a hand to the younger. "I'm allowed to take the car! Let's go-" "Spencer holy shit is that a Dart?" Azrial saw the red car he motioned towards. "Uh yeah?" Their eyes lit up as Spencer walked towards it, unlocking the passenger side door manually. "I love classic cars, and a Dodge Dart?! Kiss me." Azrial joked slightly, but it dawned on them that if he did, they wouldn't be opposed to it. Spencer raised an eyebrow in their direction before revving the engine. "LETS GOO!" They cheered as he took off down the road, handing them his phone. "I have a Spotify Car Thing."

Two teenagers, Waterparks blasting through the car, driving down to a carnival. Life couldn't get any greater for the two, this was just what they wanted to do. "Oh, we should go on the ferris wheel around sunset." Azrial mentioned as Spencer parked the car about 300 feet from the entrance. Luckily most families went earlier in the day, or didn't know this was here at all. "Ferris wheel kiss on our first date?" Spencer chuckled as the two walked towards the entrance.