[24]

At sophie's house (they're all there because they are going to england 'tomorrow' morning)

"oh my frickin' god!" i groaned as a bag was placed over my head. 'they' dragged me down the hallways. It was obviously Tam and wylie, i could hear their snickers through the McDonalds bag. "guyssss, it stinks of chips" for that remark i got a smack over the head. I got pushed onto a chair. The bag was pulled of my head and i gasped in the non-smelling air. I looked around and i was in a dark room... tied to a chair? Suddenly, a bright light was shone into my eyes "yo dude!"

"we need to talk" tam hissed. I leaned back into the chair "about?"

"sophie"

I froze, did they know i liked her? No they couldn't! I dont make it obvious, i hide it? well maybe i flirt a little. Perhaps i hint a bit. But other than that! "keefe, we know you like her. And when we got to England, we have a big chance we'll see Charles again and they'll get back together" i sucked in a breath, so they did know. "hahahahahahahahaha" i fake laughed. I had to avoid the obvious. "keefe. Don't deny it. Your going to have to face it. Face the fact charles and sophie will get back together and you will have to stop flirting." wylie said softly. "stop babying me." I joked, covering up my hurt. "keefe stop! You like her, she doesn't feel the same!"

"SHUT UP! I DON'T CARE ABOUT HER! AND I CERTAINLY DON'T GIVE TWO DAMNS ABOUT WHO SHE FUCKING DATES!" I screamed. I watched as their eyes widened. I heard the creak of the door and a small voice. "keefe? who are you talking about?" sophie called. I froze I didn't mean to say any of that and i especially didn't want sophie to hear! I looked at tam and wylie who looked awfully uncomfortable. "i was talking about the girl i like... she declined me for someone else" i quickly improvised. Tam rolled his eyes. "aww keefe im so sorry!" she hugged me. "yeah" she smiled and walked out the room.

"that was stupid" tam concluded. "shut up" i muttered. "we just want to help" i growled, facing the truth. "so frickin what! what if the girl i like has a stupid amazing boyfriend that she loves? so what if i dont just like the girl and i actually love her! so what! Why would she choose me! me! the son of the lady who murdered her entire family or the guy who cared for her when it happened?" i shouted. "you love her?" tam asked. i shrugged "whatever". Tam untied me and i stormed out the room.

Why, why would she ever even go out with me over the guy who cared for her in her hardest times? I felt a tear trickle down my cheek and I ran to the bathroom, not wanting anyone to see me cry. I collapsed down on the soft blue shower mat, tears cascading down my face. I was supposed to be a strong, funny person but now all i am is a mess with a neglective father and a psychopath mother. I took a deep breath and walked over to the sink and splashed myself with water. I just need to bury my feelings for her, it should be easy. Key word; should. But its not, its not, its not, its not.

I plastered a smile on my face and walked to fosters bedroom. I saw it was empty and i set on her window bed. I stared at the raindrops trickling down the glass and i looked down to where my friends were playing in the rain. I leaned my head against the cool glass panes, the cold helping my throbbing headache. I let my thoughts engulf me and I closed my eyes, replaying the scenes that haunt me or make me long for the past to become the present.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"mommy!" i shrieked as she picked 5 year old me up. "now now keefie!" she laughed. She dropped me back down onto the couch. i bounced up and down. "mommys back from the work trip now which means..." she paused and i edged forwards. "mr tickles is bag!" i screamed with joy as she lunged for me and tickled me playfully.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disappointment. My father had called me. Useless. I watched as an 9 year old me lay in bed. I cried into my pillow. "now, now darling. You are neither useless nor disappointing. Your legacy is yet to come" my mother comforted me. I hung onto her for dear life. Her sweet aroma of roses comforting my shaking self. She tussled my hair and lay with me until my eyelids closed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"how could you!" an 13 year old me screamed at my mother. "after every frickin thing you do for me?"

"son, explain"

I ran a hand through my hair. "i go into your room looking for a dictionary, only to find a diary explaining how 'exhilarating' and 'amusing' killing the royal family was!" i fumed.

"the neverseen are quite an frilling group" she said, unbothered whilst checking her nails. "anyway son, i'm leaving to go to england, join or not i'm unfazed"

I growled. "i would never join you" she sighed, her facade dropping. The once warm, love filled eyes my mother once possessed were now cold and icy. It felt like she was staring into my soul and she looked me in my eyes. "you are and always will be, a disappointment". those two words shattered my heart and my eyes welled up. I ran out of the room, never to see mommy dearest again.

you are and always will be, a disappointment

I am and always will be, a disappointment.