Maybe because it was my first kiss!

Miss Nolan cannot be my weakness! I cannot compromise Miss Nolan's life because of my duty.

The only thing we can do now is talk and clear this out. I marched out of my room and paced towards kitchen but she was not in. Maybe she's in her room.

My throat was dry, so I walked towards the refrigerator to drink some cold water. I opened the door of the refrigerator and pulled the water bottle out. Suddenly I felt a presence at the threshold as I turned my head a little and there she was standing with widened eyes and a face masked with utter disbelief and I felt heat crawling up my neck as the events of last night rushed through my brains.

I took a deep breath.

I guess it's a perfect time to talk.

I cleared my throat and fixed my eyes on my watch which was on my wrist,
"Miss Nolan, about last night.... we need to talk about it and what happened between us...." I looked up but she was not there.

Where is she?!

She ran away from me!

She regretted the kiss, didn't she?!

I bet she did!!

I don't know why the fact that she regretted the kiss is hurting me so much. I know it was wrong of us to kiss but I did not regret it. I'm just scared to admit.

I sighed and walked out of the kitchen before leaving the house for a walk.

I need to fresh my mind up.

.............

I returned home back at seven pm after spending a lot of time in my beach house. I was feeling better now.

I walked inside and was about to pass the dining area when I heard Miss Nolan calling,
"Harold, dinner is ready. Come let's have it together."

I didn't have the nerve to look up at her face as I could feel heat crawling up my neck.
"It's just seven, so I'll just..--" I was cut off.

"But I've already prepared and I need...I mean we need I...ugh..we.. " She stuttered and I, with whole lot of a nerve, glanced up to look at her, she was fiddling with her fingers and then took a deep breath before saying.
"I need to talk to you, it's urgent."

N      A      O      M      I

He nodded in return and followed me to get dining area. I pulled a chair for him as he sat and I sat beside him.

Why is his face so red?!

Is he still embarrassed?

I should just clear this out soon.

I served him a plate of hot dumplings and with that I took a deep breath and began to talk.
"Whatever happened last night....I mean the kiss, it's normal.." he was silently stuffing the dumplings into his mouth but I know he's listening, so I continued.
"When a man and a woman are attracted to each other for a couple of moment it happens... you know...the kiss. It's quite normal nowadays, it's not a big deal." His eyes were still on the plate, he was not looking at me.
"Um..." I swallowed.
"Can..we um.. can we start fresh? As friends?!" I asked.

He slightly nodded as I smiled.

He took a dumpling from the plate and bit it half as the sauce from the inside stuffing fell on his grey hoodie. I sighed and took a napkin from the table to wipe that sauce off of his hoodie.

I leaned forward and bent a little on his side to wipe but suddenly as his gaze fell on my structure, his eyes widened like buttons as he stuffed a dumplings into his mouth and turned his head to the other side.

What is that sudden change of behavior??!

My jaw dropped on the floor in utter disbelief when realization dawned on me. I gasped and in haste I got up from the chair.

"I was not trying to kiss you!!!!" I bursted in rage.

My face was red as I glanced at him with anger.

I threw the napkin on his face before stuffing another dumpling into his mouth in thrumming rage.
"You're a freak, just know.... kiss is normal. It's not like we did something unholy." I stomped my feet and spun around before walking away from him.

He stood up and series of muffled calls were heard...but who cares?!

Jerk!!!! I will never kiss him again.

The kiss was a huge mistake.

_______________________

Hi guys, I'm back!!

How was the chapter??

Did you all miss Harold and Naomi?? :)

CEO or MAFIA ? जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें