39 The Trio

Part 39 The Trio

Arnav was thinking about Chocolate boy NK and the intensity of his love for his sister Anu. Khushi shook Arnav who became silent all of a sudden. Arnav looked at her jerking.

"What are you thinking, Arnavji?"

"Nothing..." he nodded his head.

Arnav's eyes fell on Anu baby who was trying to walk. She stood holding the bed and slowly left the bed. She took a step and stopped as her not-so-strong hip shook front and back. Arnav gestured to Khushi to look at her. Khushi looked at her and dropped her jaw in excitement.

"See, how she is shaking," Arnav said controlling his laughter.

They saw Anu baby taking another step. Khushi tried to go to help her. Arnav stopped her clutching her hand.

"Let her walk," he said looking at Anu.

"She may fall down, Arnavji" Khushi panicked.

"Let her..."

"Whaaaat?"

"Let her try on her own"

Khushi was looking at Anu with nervousness. Anu took a step again. This time, she lost her balance and fell down. Khushi was freaked and tried to go to Anu to lift her. Again Arnav stopped her, clutching her hand. Khushi looked at him oddly.

"Let her get up on her own"

Khushi saw Anu crying, laying on the floor.

"She is crying, Arnavji," Khushi said restlessly.

"Come on, baby... get up... come on, come on..." Arnav clapped, looking at Anu.

Anu started giggling in between her cry.

"Come on Beta... get up..." Arnav cheered her up.

Anu raised her hand asking him to lift her, cackling with tears.

"Arnavji..." Khushi was suffocating.

"Let her stand on her own, Khushi. Then only she will be brave unlike Senior Anu" Arnav said.

Khushi looked at him emotionally. Instead of standing, Anu tried to crawl.

"Nooooo... get up... get up... get up..." Arnav flicked his fingers.

Anu saw the bedspread slightly peeping out of bed. Clutching that, she stood up.

"Goooood girlllll... come on, come to Papa" Arnav extended his hands.

Anu started stepping towards Arnav. She was about to fall, but this time, Arnav didn't let her fall. He clutched her hand and balanced. Anu walked, tittering. Arnav lifted her, clutching her wrists, and gave her to Khushi. Khushi hugged Anu and kissed her cheek.

"Ma... Va dha..." She said pointing at Arnav.

"She is complaining about letting her fall down" Arnav smiled.

"She is a kid after all..."

Arnav leaned towards Anu to kiss her. Anu pushed his face.

"Na na..." she nodded her head cutely.

"Seems like, Madam is angry with me" Arnav laughed.

Clutching her hands, he kissed her forcefully.

"Aei Va dhaaaa" she shouted.

Not leaving her hands,

"Whatever Papa does, it will be for your betterment only. It would be best if you weren't like your Buva. I want you to be brave. For that, you should do everything on your own without expecting anyone. Understand?" he said meeting Anu's eyes as if she understands everything.