25 The Coin

Part 25 The Coin

Anu rushed to Arnav's room. Arnav gestured to Khushi, I WILL LOOK AFTER HER. Khushi nodded ok and went back to Manorama's room. Arnav smiled at Anu and extended his hands toward her, asking for her to come to him.

Anu crawled towards the bed, nodding NO. making a sound,

"Aaahhhhhh..."

Arnav rolled his eyes smiling. Anu sat near the bed and looked at Arnav. She called him,

"Va va..."

Arnav frowned upon hearing that. Was not she usually called him, VA DHA? Then why did she call him VA VA? He looked at her thinking that.

Anu opened her mouth and showed him the coin that was in her mouth. Then only Arnav understood the reason for the weird sound. She could not say VA DHA clearly because she had a coin in her mouth. He rushed to her without any second thought. But he was late, Anu crawled faster than him under the bed and reached the other side.

"Anu, spit the coin..." Arnav shouted, lying on the floor, looking at her.

Anu looked at him.

"Spit the coin..." Arnav acted like spitting, showing her how to spit it.

Anu took the coin out of her mouth. She extended the coin toward Arnav. Arnav moved towards her again. In no time, Anu again put the coin in her mouth, making Arnav panic. She again crawled cheerfully. Arnav stood up and zoomed into her. Lifting her in his arms, he took the coin from her mouth.

"You should not do it..." Arnav said, lifting his brows, and extending his index finger.

Anu held his finger and bit it, making Arnav hiss.

"What the..."

In no time, clutching his hair, Anu walked on his stomach, making a joyful screeching sound.

Arnav understood she was playing with him. Of course, she was a kid after all. How did she know the depth of the seriousness? Making her sit on the bed, he put the coin in his mouth. Anu looked at him surprisingly. Arnav fell on the bed clutching his neck as if the coin choked in his throat. He made weird facial expressions that frightened Anu. She looked at him, flipping her lower lip, getting horrified. She might cry anytime it seemed.

"Va dha..." She tapped his face.

Arnav again acted like vomiting, which horrified Anu more.

"Aiiii... Va dha..." She tapped harder than before.

Arnav stayed without a movement. Anu climbed on him. Sitting on his chest, she tried to take the coin from his mouth. Arnav slightly opened his mouth, letting her do it. She plucked the coin from his mouth. In no time, Arnav sat on the bed and took the coin from her hand.

"You should not put the coin in your mouth" he gestured to her the same through his action.

This time Anu observed him silently.

"Good girl" Arnav picked her in his arms.

Anu hugged him, circling his neck. A satisfactory smile crept on his face. He kissed her hair lovingly, hugging her back. Something stroked his mind. How did Anu get the coin? Just now he and Khushi talked about keeping things carefully from Anu's reach. then, how Khushi be careless?

"Khushiiiii... " Arnav shouted for Khushi, hugging Anu protectively who was lying on his shoulder.

Radhika and Kiran who were waiting for such a reaction from Arnav came out of their room.

"Khushi... Come fast..." Arnav yelled.

"What happened Arnav beta? What happened to Anu baby?" Radhika asked.

Khushi and Monarama also came there followed by NK and Aman.

"What happened? Why are you shouting?" Khushi asked.

"This is how would you look after Anu?" Arnav asked.

Khushi frowned as she could not understand what happened. She was about to respond to him and before that Arnav continued.

"What are you doing without concentrating on Anu? Do you know what she has done? How could you be so careless?" he asked disappointedly.

"She was here only... She just came to your room. What happened to her in between the small gap?"

"Don't you know how naughty she is? Even a small gap is enough for anything to happen. She did the same... She took my breath away..." Arnav said.

Before Khushi asked him anything,

"Oh my god... Did Anu baby swallow the coin? How could you be so careless Khushi?" Kiran asked.

Arnav looked at her shrinking his eyes.

"Coin? What Coin?" Khushi asked her.

That was when Kiran understood what blunter she had done.

"How do you know Anu had a coin?" Arnav asked.

Radhika was fed up with her daughter's foolishness whereas Kiran was stuck.

"You said..." Kiran stammered, searching for an excuse.

"No... I said nothing about the coin. Then how do you say she swallowed the coin?" Arnav asked furiously.

"I just guessed..." she tried to manage.

"How the hell could you guess something that you have no idea about?" he gritted his teeth.

Everyone's eyes were on Kiran.

"Tell me... How do you know?" He said showing the coin that he took from Anu's mouth.

Anu, who was lying on Arnav's shoulder looked at him and then at the coin. Taking it from Arnav's hand, she extended it to Radhika.

"Bha..." She said.

Arnav gritted his teeth.

"Was that you, who gave it to Anu?" He asked.

"No no Arnav beta... Why should I give it to her?"

"Then why the hell she is giving it to you, leaving her mother behind who is also here?" Arnav asked could not hold his anger.

"How do I know, Arnav beta... She is a child after all... she does anything beyond our imagination. Who knows what's there in her mind?" Radhika gulped hard.

"We could not know what's there in people's minds but I can understand my baby. I know what's there in her mind. She is returning the coin to you because you are the one who gave it to her" Arnav said guessing it right.

"You misunderstood me..."

Arnav stopped her showing his palm. He took a few steps and moved back. He put Anu down. As he expected, Anu crawled towards Radhika and extended the coin to her again.

To be continued...