chapter ten.

-chapter ten-

loud music and heavy vibrations, jeongguk usually loved clubbing. he more often than not revelled in the sweaty, drunk atmosphere that he turned to whenever he felt shitty.

but instead, a few long and boring hours later, jeongguk was slouched in his seat in a booth, scrolling aimlessly through his phone, occasionally sipping some coke. his gaze occasionally flickered up to watch taehyung dance with jimin just a couple of metres away, sometimes checking out other club-goers.

the two were obviously drunk, if the stumbling and lame dancing was anything to go by. in fact, jeongguk and namjoon were most likely the only ones who weren't drinking.

yoongi and hoseok were making out beside him, namjoon and jin flirting pathetically at the bar. jeongguk rolled his eyes, bored. oddly enough, he wasn't appealed by the familiar surroundings and atmosphere that night.

not like he usually was.

it was no secret that he'd usually go clubbing every week, nearly always leaving with another boy every time. mainly because he needed the distraction from his shitty reality, and the alcohol and sex gave him just that little extra buzz to get him through his grief.

but since taehyung's face flashed through his mind the last time he nearly took a boy home, he couldn't bring himself to repeat the action. looking back at jimin and taehyung, he couldn't help but sneer.

the two were dancing and drinking, having a good time overall. he noticed taehyung's movements becoming a little more messy and stumbled, but thought nothing of it. the idiot was just drunk, afterall.

however, when another man, a complete stranger, put himself infront of the two men, subtly grinding up on taehyung, a scowl graced his features. he waited, eyes glued to the scene as he waited for jimin or taehyung to shrug the guy off.

surely, taehyung wouldn't entertain-

but when jimin merely stumbled away, making his way towards the bar, taehyung grinned and grabbed the other boy's hips, grinding their bodies together without any care.

to make matters more grating, taehyung caught jeongguk's glare. instead of pushing the man away, the drunk blueberry merely smirked with hooded eyes, before looking away completely and giving his full attention to the boy was dancing with.

jeongguk scowled at that, an uneasy feeling arising in his gut. he'd been in this situation before; though the circumstances were different. back then, it was the man he loved openly cheating on him, now it is a drunk taehyung, merely having fun.

he looked down at his phone in disinterest, jaw clenching and lips downturned as his mood dropped completely.

as hypocritical as it was, he didn't like seeing taehyung like this. drunk, barely standing. kissing and grinding on some random man.

it was... unpleasant.

though He felt a sense of relief flood through him when taehyung eventually pushed the other boy away, he watched, disgusted, as the stranger pecked taehyung's lips one more time before leaving.

and when taehyung caught his gaze and grinned brightly, he just groaned, slumping in his seat as the drunk man danced his way over to their booth.