HEIZOU. what went wrong? (ii.)

author's note. created part two for everyone, but didn't make kazuha and (y/n) crossed paths (i'm so sorry). either way, thank you SOOO much for reading. i didn't expect this sort-of blew up.

i'm sorry to those who requested a fluff and kazuha x reader. this will be another chapter of angst. i'll try to make a fluff soon before the year ends :')

Your eyes were on your phone, scrolling through your feed

Your eyes were on your phone, scrolling through your feed. Suddenly, you felt the weightiness of the sofa beside you—diverting your gaze to your left.

"Are you hungry?" He smiled brilliantly, handing you your favorite popcorn. "Do you want to watch the movie you suggested? I'm free today."

You pushed your lips into a thin smile, "What happened? I thought you had a case to deal with today?"

He chuckled, "That would be unnecessary, the culprit confessed. It's quite easy if you ask me."

The smile on your lips remained, but something in you attempted to remove them. There was this familiar feeling advising you to stop talking to him. However, you didn't know why did you feel like this.

"I'm so proud of you," you commented.

You didn't bother adding your commendation with kisses or another statement; hence, he skimmed at you with confusion.

"Baby, are you okay?" He questioned, concerned. He pulled himself near you, wrapping his arms around you. "You usually add your congratulations with affection."

He hugged you.

Eventually, your eyesight began to blur. Tears started to shape your visions. It didn't take long to sense your throat tighten as tears poured on your face. You wanted to hug him. You wanted to celebrate the victory of winning his cases again. What's controlling you from doing it?

"Oh my god, (y/n), you're crying. What's wrong?" He raised your chin, helping himself to see a view of your face.

Your puff takes another short intake, stopping you from breathing. The itching feeling developed as you latched your eyes, gut-wrenching sobs that tore through your chest.

"H—Heizou," you stammered, endeavoring to open your melancholy gaze.

God, you love how your tongue mentioned his name. But the thought of his name hurt you, and you couldn't help but assume you were spitting venom from your mouth.

You didn't know why, and you're confused.

You're confused with his actions, confused with how you feel.

"Yes, my love?" Heizou reacted, wearing a worried look in his eyes. "What's wrong, baby? Is everything all right?"

His endearments. You squinted your eyes again, merging the tears into one massive droplet. Heavens, you missed his endearments. You gobbled a lump in your throat, hoping to lessen the tightnesses of pain.