AYATO. wished for hanahaki

note. hello everyone, thank you SO much for an incredible amount of readers of this book. I have two weeks break from school, but I'll probably still study because I need to catch up on lessons. but I'll try my very best to publish more one-shots. thank you for your patience, and I hope you enjoy this one.

apologies if my writing is messier. this is my next writing after the latest shot I published. may the rng luck bless you SO MUCH MORE if you're pulling for Ayato <3 I love each one of you.

Who would not have thought that the blonde traveler seemed to have a soft spot for the Yashiro Commissioner?

You could only see him smile when he was around Thoma and Ayaka; that was beside the point; a traveler from the unknown world made your master (genuinely) smile at her; why did this hurt you?

Perhaps, Ayato never smiled at his secretary (as someone he worked with for quite a while), or you denied your feelings toward him.

The job as his secretary was not a comfortable duty, and it required being with him almost every time (since Ayato worked nonstop); yes, he would say thank you, but you were sure you had never seen him smile.

About your feelings towards him, it was something you did not like to discuss.

A heavy sigh escaped your lips; your head shifted to their direction, casually chatting—hearing their (somewhat) audible laughs while her floating buddy stomped mid-air. Was it not strange when you attempted to make Ayato get out of his room, but he remained to decline them—giving you the same response: he was loaded with work, and yet she managed to let him out without a second thought?

"What's wrong, (y/n)?" You heard a familiar voice behind you, preoccupying your thoughts, "If you keep frowning, you might look aged sooner than you anticipated," Thoma asked worriedly (with a slight teasing), with Ayaka standing beside him.

Ayaka might be the youngest sister of Ayato, but you managed to see her as your best friend throughout your journey with the Kamisato. Albeit you have to preserve professionalism towards her during working hours. And Thoma, he accompanied you when you were new to the state—until now.

You bit your lower lip, refused to smile massively—replaced it with a pout, "Come on, do I look that bad?"

"I'm just joking, dear." Thoma chortled, handing out your favorite ice cream. "Here. We bought you this when we crossed to your favorite ice cream shop."

Your eyes glimmered at your dearest dessert, "Thank you!" You did not waver to grab a spoon and melt the sweet flavor in your mouth. You let out an inappropriate moan when the taste touched your tongue. Archon knew how much you missed this ice cream.

Ayaka giggled, staring at you while you appreciated your ice cream; "It's been a while since you last tasted that, was it not? Ayato must be positioning you in a tricky situation, so I apologized on his behalf."