KAZUHA. never say never (fate ii.)

author's note. i think i'm somehow back to writing. but i will take long again, quite. anyway, i've made this one for that specific person who requested this one. and i'm not sure if they're around still. but posting it and not reading from them is better than not posting it and letting them wait!

enjoy this one. i liked this. merry christmas and happy holidays! <3

"Long-distance is not going to work between the two of you if neither of you opened up." you heard your friend as Hu Tao responds to your rants. "Mark my word, things will not work out if this continues."

An exaggerated sigh escaped your rosy lips, turning around from her as you grabbed water to drink-- hoping to help relieve the stress. However, drinking a full glass didn't seem to work.
Your eyes shifted to Hu Tao, remaining silent. A word didn't bother escaping from you as you were tired of thinking about it. It's been going for months, and you thought it was not healthy after you started overthinking things that you shouldn't overthink. After all, there's a past that happened between you and him.

Questions began to flood in your mind; did you do something wrong? Is he tired of you? Did he find someone new near to him that he could feel her physical touch anytime soon? Is he giving you signals that he doesn't want to be with you anymore?

If so, why didn't he tell you properly? You remembered tackling this, and he agreed to divulge to you that he lost interest anymore-- which is unclear to him, by the way, said him.

What if he accidentally cheated on you? And he's trying his best to distance himself from you?
"You're overthinking so hard, I could tell." Hu Tao broke the silence between the ambiance, disturbing your thoughts clouded in your mind. You responded with a bitter chuckle.

"Seriously, you're not gonna let this, don't you?" She added with a question, crossing her arms and placing them on her chest. "Try going to Liyue. Planning for a surprise will be better and will be caught him off guard. If you had your suspicions after him, you have a gut feeling that maybe he is cheating, then you knew it is. Who knows?"

The heartbeat inside your chest started to plump faster as it is. Your breath hitched, feeling nervous finding things out. Nevertheless, there is something inside you, disagreeing with Hu Tao's suggestions. Perhaps, you're afraid that maybe he could be cheating.

Seeing Kazuha cheating on someone is pretty astonishing. Knowing Kazuha, ditching is the least he could do, or he would rather eat dirt than cheat on his partner. At least, that's what he would say. You trusted him with the words, but he could change, right? After finding out that guys could be doing something crazy whenever they're drunk or not themselves, they could cheat-- by the power of alcohol.

You wanted to trust his words; however, it's been going on for months, and he's being cold already.

"Kazuha is not the type of guy that will easily cheat on you. I saw how he looks at you, and he is deeply in love with you." Hu Tao preoccupied your mind once more. Your orbs glanced to her, intrigued by her sentence. "When you planned to go to Liyue, do not conclude that he is cheating. People tend to draw away from their partners when something happens in their life."

"But why doesn't he tell me?" You questioned immediately.

"He simply doesn't want to burden you," Hu Tao retorted.

A sharp exhale escaped your silky lips, feeling somehow afraid of moving forward. The crowd continued stepping towards their direction, whilst you, you're standing-- hesitant of moving forward.