Something Isn't Right

I still can't believe what I did. I killed someone. It wouldn't be long before everyone realised O was missing. His burned remains were in the basement where the fire was, I always kept it locked. For some odd reason, I wasn't really bothered about what I did. I didn't really feel.. anything.

I stepped outside, watching everyone chat and walk together. L, M and P, however, were just standing there... they looked worried. I immediately knew why. Slowly making my way towards them, I looked at everyone. It seemed that only these 3 had realised something was off..

When I finally reached them, P was the first to notice me. "N! There you are. We were worried about you! I haven't seen you for a whole 4 days!" She exclaimed, clearly she was concerned for me.
"Where have you been?!" L glared at me angrily. I think when P said 'We were worried about you', she was referring to just herself. Why on Z would L be worried for me?

"Whatever, I don't need to know where you've been. Have you seen O? He always meets me by the fountain in the park at exactly 8:30AM everyday, but he didn't show up today," L explained to me. I quickly looked over at P and M, their expression turned gloomy and sad. "I haven't seen him.. no," I said to him, smiling inside.

At this rate, I doubt anyone would even accuse me of killing O. To them, I was just a coward who was too scared to admit his wrongdoings. "Maybe we should just leave it, L. I'm sure he'll show up tomorrow," M said calmly to L. He really was trying his best to reassure him.

We all talked for a bit, I barely said anything though. Just as I was about to leave and go home, though.. I felt the exact same pain I felt after I had killed O, rushing through me like a dart. I stopped and gasped slightly. "Are you okay, N?" P asked with concern in her voice.
"I'm fine! ...I think.." I mumbled the last part, making it quiet enough for her not to hear.

I continued walking back home, thinking about a lot of things at the same time. Were they going to find out? How will I explain myself when, or if, they find out? But what floated around in my head the most..

What has gotten into me?