47: Not Your Typical House Maid

Začať od začiatku

"I was not made aware that we would have company," Jin sighed, but his glee did not fade when peering at Mara, who was still amazed at the girl who rode on her people's wagon. He chuckled, standing and greeting everyone. Namjoon gave him the go ahead, and Jin began to pull the rope for the gate. It whined and groaned but opened wide, letting everybody and their mommas in.

Mara raised from the platform, shyly climbing down the stairs and to the ground where chatter and banter took place. She removed the hood that partially blocked her view, looking nervously upon the three seemingly friendly strangers.

Jungkook stepped off the wagon, chuckling to himself at how far away from everyone Mara was. She was passed by Jin, who immediately stepped up to Namjoon and wrapped his arms around him. Namjoon welcomed this with a small smile, though his eyes bore a stronger warmth. Jin moved onto Taehyung and Jimin, then Hoseok, who didn't seem to expect an embrace at all. He nuzzled into it either way and gave Jin a tight-lipped smile. 

"Welcome back," Jin clapped excitedly, turning to the strangers and offering a polite bow. The strangers mirrored his gesture and gave a small wave.

How do I greet everyone?

What do I say to Namjoon—to everyone?

I'm far too nervous. I'm not ready.

She met Jungkook's gaze, realizing he'd been staring at her while she entangled herself in her own thoughts. His smile widened when she noticed him, and the flutter in Mara's heart only worsened. She awkwardly scratched her ear before approaching him. She doesn't know what came over her, but the sudden urge to say a particular word, as Jungkook had requested of her, was strong. She parted her lips, the corners quirking up ever so slightly.

"Penis."

He was taken aback, but he seemed pleasantly surprised. Jungkook was silent, processing the utterance for a second before bursting out into giggles. His arm reached out to grab her, pulling her into his arms where he tightly held her. He nuzzled his cheek into hers, gently petting her hair as she wrapped her arms around his waist. Though Mara was caught off guard, she melted into his embrace. Sure, two days out wasn't too much time away, but it felt like a month.

"I did ask for you to say something like that, huh?" Jungkook spoke through his airy laugh. He swayed them from side to side, humming in delight.

"Two days felt like forever," Jungkook lightly muttered.

They did. I missed you.

"They did," Mara whispered. Jungkook squeezed her as she responded, glad to hear her speak even if just in a whisper.

"You cut your hair," he pointed out, and Mara hummed in confirmation, linking her hands at Jungkook's back. She wasn't planning on letting go in the next minute or so. Jungkook didn't seem to mind. He absentmindedly ran his fingers through her hair, trying to tame some of the strands agitated by the cold breeze. Mara's face was growing hot, she didn't know why.

"It looks very pretty," he complimented.

"Thanks," Her heart was beating like crazy.

"I leave for two days and I come back to many surprises. Good surprises," he chuckled, "It's going to sound weird, but I missed your voice," Jungkook sighed, "You know, things got so tense, I thought I wouldn't get to see any of you again," Jungkook felt a tap on his shoulder, and Mara let go when seeing Jin, who had been waiting for an embrace. Jungkook held Jin tightly, giving him a chaste kiss on the cheek and grinning cheekily.

"Love you too, my little baby," Jin pinched Jungkook's cheeks, causing him to whine and groan at the baby treatment.

Thunder rumbled once more, the icy droplets of rain falling to earth once after the other. The angry, dark grey clouds had rolled over the forest like a blanket, the lightning becoming more frequent as the thunderstorm progressed. Soon it began to drizzle, and Hyunjae's people quickly unloaded everything into the porch, aided by some of the men. Mara remembered that working hands in exchange for resources had been a part of the deal if Namjoon wanted to be allied to Hyunjae's community. She guessed the leader had accepted, and now after two days of hard work and near death experiences, the payout was more than earned.