chapter 67.

lxvii.

A knock on the door made Mira look up from her essay. There stood a girl who was poking her head inside as she scanned the classroom before fixing her gaze on Jeon Mira, the only student present during lunch period. The girl cleared her throat and attempted to hide the growing smile on her face.

With light steps, she cautiously entered the room and spoke, "Senior Jungwon isn't here right...?"

When Mira responded with a puzzled shake of her head, the girl squealed, her arms doing an excited dance that only lasted for a second. The girl shut the door close and skipped her way towards the older female, occupying the seat next to her before staring at Mira with sparkling eyes.

Mira gave her a chuckle before she averted her focus back on her history essay. Despite it being due next week, Mira preferred to work on it as soon as possible. It was better to do it now in her free time rather than to postpone. You would never know when more assignments would be assigned and tasks would pile up.

Mira had a love-hate relationship with procrastination. Delaying the start of an assignment or postponing studying for a test were all common things students do on a weekly or daily basis. Sometimes, she found herself working better under the pressure of a deadline, allowing her to get things done efficiently, but sometimes her stressed-out mind prevented that. Always ended up in front of the television and opening up YouTube.

Today, postponing tasks was not on her to-do list so she had no problem doing her reading.

Mira sighed, already halfway through her essay. She still felt the sharp eyes of the girl sitting beside her staring intently. When she glanced at the younger girl from the corner of her eye, she was grinning brightly. This went on for a few minutes until Mira stopped writing and turned her head to the junior with a confused frown on her face, "Kyeri, can I help you? What do you want?"

"Oh, nothing at all," The younger girl fluttered her eyelashes, a smile still on display. She proceeded to rest her chin on the back of her hand, eyes not leaving the older female. "You can continue to work. Don't mind me."

Jeon Mira huffed inaudibly, giving her attention back to her task at hand. Kyeri shifted on her seat, suddenly hugging Mira's arm and pressing her cheek to nuzzle against her side. A satisfied hum sounded from the junior. "Senior Mira, have I told you how much I like you?"

Mira looked the other way, nervous from the sudden action. For some reason, it oddly reminded her of Jungwon. "Y-yeah... you said that before," She answered, cursing herself for stuttering. This was the first time an underclassman had gone as far as visiting her class just to spend a few minutes alone.

"You're my role model. My inspiration," Jang Kyeri grinned, finally pulling away but still had her hands wrapped around her arm. Out of nowhere, her expression turned dark and she lets out a loud scoff, "Too bad you're taken already. I mean it's expected, someone like you should be taken. Just why does it have to be stupid ratsbane? So many other good-looking guys in school to choose from, yet you picked him. Although it's not like I want you to be with them either. Maybe stupid Jungwon isn't a bad choice after all, but you know what's better? If you had been with me instead—" Kyeri's ramble continued.

Jeon Mira nodded mindlessly, listening to the girl's never-ending ramble whilst continuing the other half of her essay. Even after writing the final three words of her assignment, Kyeri was still going on and on about her speech.

The classroom door swung open revealing a platinum blonde-haired boy. He sauntered inside, giving a weird look to Kyeri (a girl he didn't know) clinging to Mira as he passed. Park Sunghoon sat on his seat, not minding them too much as he pulled out his phone and played with it.