chapter 21.

xxi.

A week passed by faster than expected and it was finally time for the students to go to Gyeongju. The trip will approximately take two hours until they arrive at their destination by train.

Mira stood outside the gates, waiting for the other student's arrival. Looking around, quite a lot of them were joining. She figured it was because the teachers had given everyone their itineraries a few days ago when they held another assembly. She recalled reading about going to the amusement park on the fourth day.

Mira felt a presence to her left and discreetly looked to see a girl from another class. She was tall — maybe a few inches taller — and had long straight hair. Her gaze traveled towards the girl's travel bag and caught a name tag, Choi Yunseo. One thing Mira can't go wrong was that the girl was beautiful.

Shortly after, she felt another presence standing to her right, an unfamiliar blonde girl from another class. Contrary to Yunseo, she was shorter, and her makeup seemed heavier than normal but it didn't change the fact that she too was beautiful.

Mira saw the way Yunseo's eyes darkened at the sight of the person who just appeared. She dreadfully looked away and scoffed earning a low chuckle from the other girl.

Mira gulped, feeling the strong tension between the two girls as she was sandwiched in between them. Thankfully, someone came and softly tapped her shoulder before bringing her further back from the crowded students outside the gates.

"Don't be too close to them, they're trouble," Yu Cheram, one of her classmates, warned.

Just as Mira was about to speak, the teacher's voice was loudly heard at the front catching everyone's attention. They were told to gather around their respective classes and Cheram had started pulling Mira to their class, meeting up with her friends.

Since Mira befriended everyone in her class, it made sense how she was accepted in every friend group. You can say she was that one mutual friend every group shared.

"Attention! We will be taking the bus to head to the train station. Classes one and two will share the same bus, classes three and four on another," Mr. Hong informed, standing in front of the four classes. "You are not going to choose your seat partners. We will call your name and someone from the other class, so you could bond and get to know each other. Class one and two's supervisors will be me and Ms. Jeon. Class three and four will be Mr. Lee and Mrs. Eun."

Mira's eyes enlarged when she heard the familiar name of her aunt being called, ignoring the cheering boys and squealing girls (and vice versa) from her class when they came to know that Mr. Hong and Ms. Jeon will be supervising them.

As if on cue, the said woman walked to the front and stood beside the male teacher, wearing a bright smile, "What's up guys! I'm going to be your supervisor for this trip along with Mr. Hong."

One of the students raised her hand, "Ms. Jeon, why are you joining the trip? We thought you would be hunting for a man!"

"Yubin, no. I thought we talked about this," She shook her head in disappointment. "I joined because I was bored at home alone," Jiheon looked away, pouting. "Please refrain from reminding me how single I am."

"But we want you to get a boyfriend or you'll die single!" Another girl shouted, her hands cupping her mouth as Ms. Jeon blushed from the statement, shaking her head aggressively.

"No! Men are sh(13+ word)t, I don't need no man to make me happy," Jiheon huffed, crossing her arms as the students laughed at her response, not minding Mr. Hong who gave her a weird side glance.

The man proceeded to call names one by one, allowing Mr. Lee to take over with classes three and four. "Nam Hyunwoo from class one and Nishimura Riki from class two, Kim Jiwon from class one and Shim Leah from class two, Choi Yunjin from class one and Jung Haseong from class two—"

Mira patiently waited for her name to be called as she watched her classmates getting on the bus one by one. She wondered who her partner might be as she let her eyes wander at the remaining students, eventually making contact with Kim Sunoo.

The boy caught her stare and gave her a gentle smile, one that would make many people swoon.

"—Yang Jungwon from class one and Kim Sera from class two, Park Jeongwoo from class one and Seol Yoona from class two," The teacher continued calling out names and Jungwon started looking for a person named Kim Sera but to no avail so he raised his hand.

"Sir, I don't think Sera is here."

Mr. Hong looked down at the list in his hand, "You're set with Sera?" He rhetorically asked, earning a nod in response.

The adult hummed and was about to speak when Ms. Jeon suddenly whispered something to his ear. He looked at her in confusion but nodded nonetheless. "Jungwon, standby for a while. I'll get back to you after this."

Mr. Hong began calling the remaining partners and telling those who already had theirs to get inside. "Park Sungwon from class one and So Junghwan from class two. Kim Sunoo from class one and Park Aerin from class two. Are they present?"

The said students raised their hands and Mr. Hong motioned them to get inside the bus. Mira could practically feel the nervousness and excitement emitted from Sunoo and Aerin when they were announced as seat partners, their cheeks turning red but they were oblivious about it. She sighed.

"Mira, unfortunately, you were supposed to sit alone because your class has an odd number of students while class one has an even, but since Kim Sera isn't here, Jungwon will be sitting with you, okay?" He instructed. Mira swore she saw her aunt pumping her fist in victory behind the man.

"Okay, sir," She nodded.

"Jungwon?" Mr. Hong called and the said boy nodded without hesitation. "Good. You can go inside the bus now."

a/n; your votes and comments are very much appreciated <3