chapter 39.

xxxix.

Mira threw herself on the couch. Her school bag made a loud thud on the floor from the school items kept inside. Her face was stuffed against the cushion and her body was as still as a statue.

A heavy weight was then felt on her back as the girl lets out a muffled yelp. She felt her lungs being squeezed but her body remained frozen. She knew very well that the person sitting on top of her belonged to her stupid brother, Jeon Suna.

Feeling mischievous, the said boy began bouncing up and down on Mira's spine with a smirk on display, however, he received no reaction from the latter. For a hot second, Suna thought he might have suffocated his sister accidentally, but was relieved when the girl perked her head up and looked over her shoulder with a piercing glare greeted at him.

"What's wrong with you? You've been acting weird since last week," The young boy questioned, not fazed by her glare. Mira slumped her head back on the couch with a sigh.

Suna leaned forward to grab the remote on the coffee table before turning the smart TV on and switching it to YouTube. He shifted on his seat (still on Mira's back) to find a comfortable position.

A groan, followed by a few muffled sentences from Mira was heard but Suna was unable to interpret them, not knowing his weight was preventing her to speak clearly. The boy's eyes were equipped on the screen as he typed in the title of a music video to stream. "Speak up, weirdo. Can't hear you."

Another muffled sound was heard, and the young boy smacked his older sister's shoulder twice signaling her to turn her volume up. He was only able to catch a few words coming out of her mouth which were, "I... crap."

"You're crap?" Suna implored, looking down at the girl with a blink, "Couldn't agree more," He shrugged, clicking on a YouTube video titled Future Perfect (Pass the Mic) by NEPYHNE. A very popular group nowadays.

"I ki— someone last week," Mira repeated, her voice still inaudible to hear. The sound of music playing on the TV wasn't helping either. Suna paid attention to the member named Hoon Parksung, who was currently flexing his muscles on screen. The boy frowned at the sight, touching his muscles in disappointment.

"I don't know how to feel about it..." Mira's muffled voice continued to speak. "And please get off me."

"Wait, what were you saying before? You kicked someone last week?" Suna asked, eyes fixated on the music video. He saw her lazily shaking her head from the corner of his eye.

"You killed someone last week? Oh God, you're a psychopath—!"

Another shake of her head.

"No? Did you cripple someone then? Who's leg did you break this time?" Suna questioned absentmindedly. The screen showed a cute black-haired boy in blue singing the pre-chorus of the song with a beautiful blue sky presented behind him as he approached his fellow members waiting in front of a building.

Mira groaned out loud, finally letting her head rest sideways so she could watch the music video as well as make her voice clearer. "That last one was an accident and it happened during middle school. Get off me, stupid."

"Nah," Suna refused, leaning against the backrest comfortably as Mira winced from the sharp bone on his ass. Why.

Both siblings silently watched the chorus of Future Perfect playing out before them with the members dancing to difficult choreography with insane footwork. Suna sulked, wanting to dance cooly like them but couldn't because he sucked at dancing. He felt jealous of his older sister because she had dancing lessons at a young age for seven years before retiring. Mira was a great dancer, he admits. Not the best, but still good.

"Can you do that?" Suna pointed at the choreography.

"Yeah, if I watch the tutorial first," Mira hummed, her eyes focused on one person with red hair who reminded her of Yang Jungw— no.

Just the mere thought of Jungwon made her stuff her face against the couch again as she screamed at the memory of their kiss. Her hands formed into fists as she began kicking the air, startling Suna (who still sat on her back as his body vibrated from how Mira roleplayed an earthquake.) The girl couldn't believe her lips were not innocent anymore. She couldn't believe her first kiss was taken already.

Ignoring her brother's stare, Mira proceeded to prop an elbow on the couch and pushed Suna off her back gently (forceful and aggressively) as she gets up from the couch and headed towards the kitchen, ignoring her brother's dramatic cry of agony.

"Mom?" The girl shouted for her mother as she scanned the refrigerator in search of food. Hearing no response, Mira looked at the stairs for a few seconds before calling out to her mother again but received the same outcome. She began checking the laundry room where the woman was most of the time but she was nowhere in sight. Mira checked the dining room and backyard next, but her mother was not there.

"Dad!" She started calling for her father, sprinting upstairs to go to their parent's room. Both adults were not present so she head back downstairs just in time to see Suna streaming another music video with the title ParadoXXX Invasion by the same group.

"Dad!" She called for him again while searching the whole house. "Dad?!"

Jeon Mira only had one door left to check. She was about to slam the gaming room door open until it opened by itself. A familiar man came out and the face of her father made Mira release a sigh of relief as she placed a hand above her heart.

"What is it?" Her father questioned, confused about the yelling he heard around the house. He was kind of satisfied though, knowing his daughter was searching for him. He felt special. "Sorry, I was busy doing something—"

"Where's mom?" Mira interrupted and Mr. Jeon's face went blank.