chapter 45.

xlv.

One look at him and Mira was reminded of the events that happened yesterday night. She silently watched as he invited himself over to their conversation, having a short talk with Sunoo to catch up before informing him he wanted to borrow Mira.

Jungwon was not asking.

The girl found herself being pulled away the next moment, leaving the pink-haired boy standing in the corridor alone as he confusedly waved at them with an unsure smile.

Mira didn't know where Jungwon was taking her, but she figured it was going to be someplace isolated to keep their so-called relationship unexposed. Her hunch was correct when he brought her to a hallway with a dead end, surrounding the walls were unoccupied lockers. Some lights above were even flickering.

The girl was then gently pushed against the wall which surprised her as she did not expect this, the force making the lockers behind her rumble. Jungwon peeked around the corner to ensure no other soul was present before looking at her.

In the eyes of a bystander, it looked like one of those cliché scenes where the girl was pinned by the boy against a wall, except Jungwon didn't have his hands on the wall, he had them holding her forearms.

"My parents want to meet you."

Mira blinked, swallowing the lump in her throat as she opened her mouth to speak, "What?" was the only word that was able to escape.

"They texted me this morning, but I only read it a few minutes ago. They said they want to meet you to thank you for last night," He explained, eyes as serious as ever.

Unrelated, but the girl was lowkey distracted by his eyebrows. Every time Jungwon frowned, his eyebrows looked— well they looked attractive. "Are you okay with that—"

He was interrupted by a light thud of aluminum dropping on the floor making the pair back away from each other (only Jungwon moved though.) They looked to the side finding a female student, more specifically someone they knew from class four, staring back at them with a shocked expression displayed on her face.

The female student was a couple of inches taller than Mira, had straight black hair, her white button-down shirt was not tucked into her school skirt, her socks were mismatched, and her pine green tie was not properly secured around her neck.

Despite her messy appearance, she continued looking back and forth between the couple with a frown and a gaped mouth. She was so surprised to witness such a sight she accidentally dropped her coca cola. Luckily, there was no more liquid inside.

"Oh my God," Choi Yunseo covered her mouth, blinking rapidly as she could not believe her eyes.

"Wait, this was a misunderstanding. Let me explain—" Mira attempted to speak, only to be cut off the next second.

"Are you guys serious? I thought y'all are taken and you do this behind your partner's back? Is this not considered cheating?" Yunseo stared at them in disbelief. She paused for a few seconds as she specifically looked at Jungwon. Her expression had a hint of sadness, but it was dominated by her incredulity as if she couldn't believe he would do something this stupid. Her gaze shifted to Mira, she never expected her to do this either.

"Please tell me you didn't do what I think you did in front of my locker," Yunseo bit her lip, eyeing their uniforms and pointing a finger at them. "Shouldn't you guys feel guilty? Regret? I never thought you would do something this scandalous. That too in a secluded corner—"

"We're not cheating," Jungwon spoke, stopping her from her continuous ramble. "Because we're dating."

Yunseo froze.

She recalled the gossip she overheard when one of Heeyoung's minions, Park Sebin, talked about Mira having a boyfriend, telling it to Heeyoung on the bus which the latter spoke aloud about making rumors rise. She then remembered the game of truth or dare where Jungwon announced he was in a relationship but refused to tell who he was with.

Choi Yunseo originally thought he was lying— no, she just refused to believe he was taken. Her heart couldn't accept the fact that he was in a relationship, but she knew he wasn't lying. His words and expression seemed legitimate, and she learned to accept that.

Then she noticed the intimacy between Jungwon and Mira. She would assume they were together if she was a stranger, but now that the male confirmed it himself, she knew her gut was right all along. Mira's rumored boyfriend was Yang Jungwon.

And Jungwon's girlfriend was Jeon Mira.

They are dating.

Yunseo was speechless. Not because she was surprised by the information, but because she kinda expected it. It was enough to get her thin-lipped.

She kept her suspicions to herself, unsure if she was right or wrong which was why she repulsively acted like how a normal person would if they saw a taken person (that too when both individuals were said to be in a relationship with different people) doing something questionable with another taken person.

She was reminded of the event that happened a year ago when she caught her ex making out with another taken female.

"Oh..." Yunseo trailed off, her voice getting quieter towards the end as she lowered her pointer finger. She glanced back and forth between Mira and Jungwon, her eyes blinking. "I see... That's a relief then, haha."

Yunseo cleared her throat awkwardly.

"So, you guys are dating, huh?" She started.

a/n; thoughts on this chapter?