Chapter 13; Gift

Dream sat with his legs crossed as he taped a present together. This one was for George and it was a stuffed animal holding a heart, he got it last year at valentine's day but George couldn't make it to America on time, so he put it in a cupboard for when George arrived.

"Can I come in?" He heard a knock on his bedroom door, and George's voice. He was wrapping George's present so he had to quickly finish wrapping it or it would spoil the surprise.

"Yeah, hold on let me hide this." Dream opened a cupboard and put the present in along with all the other presents he had wrapped. He lifted the handle up to lock it and walked over to the door.

"I have a present for you." George said, handing him a wrapped box. Dream looked confused, it was only December the 23rd, so why was he giving him a gift now when they were opening presents on the 25th? They were supposed to go under the tree.

"I do too, but you're gonna have to wait until Christmas." Dream said, handing George the present back, but George shook his head and handed it back to him.

"My present isn't a Christmas present, it's just a gift. You can't open it now, only when you're alone because it's embarrassing."

"Okay, are you sure? I can wait until Christmas." Dream handed him the present once again, not sure it if was a prank or something. George didn't like receiving gifts or giving gifts due to the awkwardness, so this was baffling.

"No, open it now because I don't want Sapnap seeing it." George handed Dream the present for one last time, Dream's hand going on top of George's when he took the present. George locked eyes with him and pulled away from his hand. George slowly nodded like he usually did and walked away, shutting the door behind him.

Dream sat down in the middle of his room on the floor, he stared at the present for a while, unsure as to why George was nervous about giving him this.

There was only one way to find out so he peeled off the top layer of the wrapping paper, revealing a black leather box. Now, Dream was even more confused. He pulled the leather box out of the half ripped wrapping paper, and looked at the door to see if George or Sapnap was there to prank him.

He cautiously opened the box to reveal a black leather bracelet, with a silver plaque. It had the words 'Dream' on it with a small heart at the end. He smiled to himself and held it up in the air to examine it. This was the first time George had given him a gift (that wasn't on a special holiday like a birthday), and he was stunned.

He used his left hand to put it on and turned his wrist upsidedown and back up again to have a look at how nice it was. His heart warmed at the sight of it. He was never going to take it off.

After sitting down on the floor admiring how nice the gift was, his name was called by Sapnap from downstairs. He put the wrapping paper in the trash and put the leather box on the desk so he could put his other jewelry in there. When he exited his room, he saw George waiting outside for him, but he didn't say anything, he just looked at Dream's wrist and smiled.

George made his way downstairs first, Dream following him into the kitchen, where Sapnap was microwaving some popcorn. He turned around with a small tub of popcorn resting on his palm.

"Where did you get that from, Dream?" Sapnap asked, catching some Popcorn in his mouth. Dream looked at George, who looked panicked, it was obvious George was a bit embarrassed at the gift he gave Dream.

"I got it from a package a fan sent me and thought it looked cool, so I put it on."

"That looks expensive, is Jeff Bezos your fan or something?" He laughed with George. Dream looked at it on his wrist and looked up at George, quickly looking away from him. Sapnap handed George a plate which had a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich on it, he also gave Dream one too.