Chapter 4; Support

Dream clicked the call button and gnawed at his fingernails as he silently stressed to himself, muttering words to himself that would hopefully convince him he was okay. He was slightly worried George and Sapnap would hear, but he made sure they were both asleep and far away from his soundproof office before he called Bad.

"Hi, Dream! How are you?" Said Bad, sounding happy and jolly like he usually sounded. Sometimes Dream questioned his one could feel so happy all the time, he suspected Bad was pretending to be okay a while ago, but he came to the conclusion he was the most positive person on the planet.

"I could be better, you?"

"I'm okay, I've just been filming a video with Skeppy. Anyways, you asked me yesterday if you could talk to me, so, what's up?" Dream smiled, he loved the friendship between them, it was obvious Bad adored Skeppy.

"I don't know how to approach it. It's like... I'm just worried it's weird." It was kind of weird in Dream's eyes. He didn't know why he felt the need to tell Bad about his feelings towards George, but he was the one person he could trust in this situation. If he dated George then Bad would suspect something and George might not want anyone to know. It was stressing him out but he was already in the call with Bad, and he trusted him so it was now or never.

"I'm sure it's not, don't worry. Just take your time to process what you want to say and take some deep breaths. "

The call went silent, Dream feeling the pressure and the feeling of being cornered by his own thoughts once again. He felt sick again, he felt like he was going to throw up or cry, he couldn't figure out which one, he just knew he needed to think about what he was going to say or he might just end up saying the wrong thing. Dream grabbed a pen and started tapping in on the desk as he thought, Bad heard the tapping and suspected Dream was thinking about what to say. Dream decided to just be blunt with it, there was no point in dragging it out into a whole essay, he wanted to keep it short and simple so it wouldn't be awkward after.

"I like George." He blurted out. The call went silent once again, making Dream drag his cursor over the red hang up button. He decided to not click it, but he held it above it just in case Bad had a bad reaction. He knew Bad would be supportive and would try to get them together, but it was the nervousness and anxiety that tricked his brain into thinking otherwise.

"As in romantically?" Bad questioned, making Dream a little more nervous as he was scared of his opinion. Though, Bad was the sweetest most supportive person anyone could have as a friend, Dream was just fearing the worst possible outcomes rather than the positive ones.

"Yeah."

"Wait, seriously? I'm so happy for you Dream!" It was like a wave of relief had just streamed into his blood. He felt so much more comfortable and a lot less tense. He didn't realise he was clenching his jaw until he relaxed back down into his chair. After a while of just sitting there thankful to have such an amazing friend, he sat back up and readjusted his microphone.

"I haven't told anyone else, only you so far. I only just came to terms with it all so I'm just trying to tell people I trust so I can gradually move on to telling George." He explained, though, he was happy Bad didn't say anything negative, not like he would anyways, it's BadBoyHalo he was talking to, the sweetest person ever.

"Well, either way I'm super proud of you. Is there any sign he likes you back?" 

"He said he's straight." Dream mentally punched himself. He hated reminding himself George was straight, that was what he kept beating himself up for. He just wanted George to be under the umbrella term for gay.

"What, to you?"

"No, he said he's straight like, years ago."

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Dream. Are you sure he isn't bisexual or something? Sexuality can be fluid so it can change over time." Bad reassured, wanting Dream to have some sort of hope.