Over Dinner

The sounds around me began to fade into a muffle, memories of me hiding behind the shelves were just... dispersing. I tried digging a mental claw into reality to not be dragged down, but I can't stop myself from submitting to it. It was just now my body was pumped full of adrenaline and my mind filled with thoughts of danger. Now, all I could think of is the entrance.

It is calling for me, this random entrance that had appeared right behind us. Metaphysically like a single doorway without any obstruction, it tangles me with a strong sense of curiosity. It was made for me, and only me. It is calling for me, but what about Zach? I must stay with him or else...

step...

step...

step...

I found myself taking slow steps towards it, unable to think straight at all the entire time. As I got closer to it, the blank canvas began to form colours of gold and purple, a blurry mess of the other side. The sound of my other reality had completely turned silent as the sound of my calling reality becomes clearer. I hear... Jazz music?

It was soothing, calming, and yet sensual. The image gradually gets clearer with each step, revealing an elegant fine-dining restaurant more beautiful than any others I have seen. I reach my arm into it, proving to me that I could easily step through without any difficulties. With confidence, I reach further into it until I was fully engulfed in the other side.

Through the warping reality, I entered the gorgeous fine dining restaurant that consisted of a beautiful dark purple and gold theme throughout the place. There were waiters moving and rushing all over the place, serving the fine wine and dine to the well mannered customers of every type of creature there is.

"Madam, may I please have your coat?" A Posh Queen's English accented male voice called for me from behind. I respectfully turned myself towards the voice, facing the host that stood behind his station. He gently and noninvasively places his hands on the shoulder of Zach's trench coat, completely forgotten that I was wearing it this entire time.

"You may..." I spoke in an oddly calm, soft, yet beguiling tone to the host. He responded with a warm smile as he pinches on the coat and gently lifts it. As he guides the coat off of my body, I let my body flow to the gentle force to make it easier for him.

As he went on to store and hang the coat in the closet, my focus returns to the restaurant that I had seemingly entered. Something about this place is just... undoubtedly familiar. It's like I have been here before, I could sense it, but I recollect no memory of it. Was it the same sense that called me here in the first place? Was it the library?

No... This, it feels different. I genuinely believe... no, I know that I have been here before. With the thoughts racing through my mind, trying to put myself back together, I take small steps through the venue as I slowly looked around. 

Just like the library, there were a wide variety of patrons from all the edges of the universe. The place seems to be very popular with monogamous couples, seeing so many tables with exclusively 2 seats occupied. I was uncertain what I was really looking for, walking aimlessly through here. That was until something peculiar caught my eyes.

For a short glimpse, right in the corner of my peripheral vision, I saw a familiar shade of gold moving away. It could have been one of the many golden decorations that were chosen to fit the place's restaurant, but I was sure that this was different. With a swift turn to where I saw it, I began slowly chasing it so as to not completely lose track of it.

Just as I was about to lose sight of it, being held back by several busy waiters and waitresses that I had to give way to, I finally took one last turn to behold the sight that fate had desperately pulled me towards. It was a dance of curtains of lights in the night sky, waving and flowing in a beautiful rhythm with a perfect view from the balcony. The exit to the balcony and the railing was beautifully covered with strings of wisteria vines. Entranced, I slowly walked out and into the balcony, resting my hands on the Marquina Marble railing.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Said a familiar voice. I turned around quickly, surprised to hear the voice so abruptly. There he was, the man with golden hair and khaki trench coat.

"Zach?" I called out his name, clearly confused by his abrupt appearance.

With a smile, one of his brows raises with amusement and curiosity. "And who may you be? I would certainly hope I didn't forget meeting an alluring enchantress like you,"

For a short moment, the two of us stared at each other, silently admiring one another.