Chapter 5: Leave me alone

*King's POV*

I wake up to a knocking on my door. The sun shines through my window. I guess I must've dozed off while crying.

"Hey King!" Ban yells. I can tell he's hung-over. "Where'd ya go last night? Elaine got worried. She sent me here."

"If Elaine's worried then why can't she come?" There's silence on the other side of the door.

"I- uhhhhh," he responds after a few minutes. "I'll go get her for ya." I listen to him walk away, and put my head back in my arms. A few minutes later is a lighter knock.

"Brother? May I come in?" Elaine asks. I hear the empathy in her voice.

"Sure," I respond. "If you want to." She opens the door as little as possible for her to get in, and closes it lightly behind her. She flies over and sits down next to me.

"Why'd you leave so early last night?" She asks. I look at her, into her hazel eyes. She's upset too.

"I didn't think you guys would notice. I just wanted to be left alone," I stop for a minute. "I'm fine though."

"No you're not. I can tell when my brother is upset. What's the matter?" I don't answer and turn my face down. I don't want her to worry about me. She's only been brought alive for a short time, I don't want her to stress about anything. "Is this about the helmet Helbram gave you?"

I mumble under my breath. "Yes."

"I thought so. Why are you so upset over a helmet?"

"It's Helbram's helmet. He bought it for me before he knew about humans." I pause. "But his soul was contained inside of it."

"I know."

"You knew?"

"He talked to me before we arrived in Coland. He knew of all the people he killed there and what was going to happen to him."

"He knew he was going to sacrifice himself but he didn't tell me?"

"You know he did it for your sake. He loves you." I look down and blush. "You're his best friend." Oh. I'm just his best friend. "What happened to the crushed helmet?"

I stuff my face into my arms. "I don't know. I placed it on the hammock but now it's gone." Elaine stays quiet for a bit.

"I'm sure you'll find it soon," She says after a few minutes. I hear her open and close the door, and I'm alone again. I don't think I'll ever figure out what to do.