Chapter 4: Where?

Note from author: hey guys!! Sorry it's been so long, I've been super busy with school and other things. Anyway I hope u enjoy this chapter. Love u guys!!! <333

*King's POV*

I sit at a table alone with the rest of the sins except Merlin, plus Elizabeth and Elaine at a table next to me. They all celebrate their defeat of Melascula, completely oblivious to Helbram's death.

"Hello King," says Gowther, walking over. "I notice you still seem upset. Does this have to do with Helbram?" Tears form in my eyes as I hear his name.

"Y-yea," I respond quietly. "I guess he's still alive but I don't know how to fix him." Tears begin to fall as my voice starts to break. "I hear him in the helmet still." Gowther looks over at the sins, all of them drunk. "And, Merlin said she would run experiments on the helmet to bring Helbram back to life."

"Oh, there's a lot going on between you guys. And you said you were best friends?" I blush and look down at my table.

"Yea. Best friends."

"Your heart beat seems to be increasing, and your face is turning red." Gowther announces. "Are you sure you were best friends?" I get up from my seat and float next to him. At this time, Merlin comes down from her room and pours herself a drink of wine.

"Yup. Just best friends." I finish off my ale and leave my cup on the table. I fly back to my room, to find the helmet missing off my hammock.

"HELBRAM???" I shout. "HELBRAM, WHERE DID YOU GO?" I begin to sob, unable to breathe. How am I supposed to find him? He's a crushed helmet, with barely an ability to speak. I slam the door and curl into a ball against the wall. What do I do?

                             *Helbram's POV*

I open my eyes and see darkness around me. I was just in Harlequin's room before someone covered me with some sort of sheet. I still can barely see so I couldn't tell who it was. I try to exit the perimeter of the helmet, but it doesn't work. Like a bird in a cage. I let out a sigh.

"Well now, don't act so glum." Someone says. I can't distinguish their voice. "I saved you, didn't I?"

"ᶜᵘᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜʳᵃᵖ! ⁱ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵉᵛᵉⁿ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ʷʰᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃʳᵉ. ʰᵒʷ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵃᵛᵉ ᵐᵉ?" I try to yell, but the crushed helmet blocks out most of my voice.

"Well I understand that you don't know me. You've only talked to King and Elaine haven't you? Or do you call him Harlequin?"

"ʷʰʸ ʷᵒᵘˡᵈⁿ'ᵗ ⁱ ᶜᵃˡˡ ʰⁱᵐ ʰᵃʳˡᵉᵠᵘⁱⁿ? ᵗʰᵃᵗ'ˢ ʰⁱˢ ⁿᵃᵐᵉ. ⁱ ᶠⁱⁿᵈ ⁱᵗ ʳᵃᵗʰᵉʳ ⁱᵈⁱᵒᵗⁱᶜ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵖᵉᵒᵖˡᵉ ᶜᵃˡˡ ʰⁱᵐ 'ᵏⁱⁿᵍ'." I respond. I don't care if this person is dangerous, I won't let them talk about Harlequin in any bad way.

"Don't worry. I can tell you're anxious. I won't hurt you or your 'Harlequin'." The person says mockingly. Although I can't hear quite well either, I've now distinguished that a woman is talking to me. "You know your Harlequin would've never been able to figure out how to save you. So I'm gonna do it for him."

"ⁿᵒ! ⁱ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ʰⁱᵐ ᵗᵒ ᵈᵒ ⁱᵗ!"

The woman laughs. "Good luck with that." And my world goes dark again.